Yes, makes good sense. Was thinking of veils but it's a lot of rack space for 4vca's. I've also neglected drums a bit so I'll go back and have a rethink. Thanks.

Thanks. What is CV conditioning? And Frames is a mixer or perhaps there's​ another type of mixer. Any makes and models for your suggestions?

Hi everyone.
I'm a total newb in ER so I'm here to mine your deep minds on my desired set up.
I haven't done any hardware based music in about 20 years and to be honest, if it wasn't for the compact size and power of ER I don't think I'd bother. Truth is, soft synths don't do it for me anymore so here I am!
I've already bought the top row of my rack and I'm mostly happy. I haven't quite figured out what to do with frames yet but i like the look of the parasite update so it's staying for now. I think I probably err on the side of organic sounds with looser sequencing like cinematic sound design although I'd like a flexible system for the occasional tight electronic session now and again. I want to do some work with vocals and the morphagene looks great for this. Maybe I have too much modulation and not enough utility modules. What do you think?
Here's an example of some sound I like.
https://bleep.com/release/stream/78524-children-of-alice-children-of-alice

Thanks.