People here do not seem to get this has a better resolution than before (build from the ground up), on top of that ALM seems to have listened to users and made nice adjustments.

That's an odd one; I've not heard of triggering drum modules with an audio rate trigger.

That surprises me a bit, it is fun to sync them to oscillators. If it has V/O tracking they become playable oscillators.
I understand that isn't their primary goal use but in modular it means to me I can do a lot of neat tricks, pulling between drums and sounds so to speak.

I dunno about that, aren't those digital driven? Meaning they will not keep up at audio rates.

I do not agree with Lugia here, (analog) drum modules are just specialized synth voices. I own a MFB Tanzbär and I love it but fixed drum machines tend to have a lot of limitations.
The Kickall is one to keep I would say, in essence it is a bass synth.

Great suggestions, thank you :)

ModularGrid Rack
Drum oriented portable case I am about to finish, these are picks from my own collection of modules.
I'm a bit struggling with the 1U row, loving Mosaic though.
What should I do with that 1U row further?
Something like this perhaps? I've seen it in several cases on YT.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ritual-electronics-guillotine

A 1U row can be a real asset in a travel case, I wish more developers would concern them with this.

I would love to hear experiences here, that would help a lot.

That clog? That is some sad trolling.
There's this thread on Muffwiggler; https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167462

I wonder if there is a lag, modules respond to the second sample I think, I doubt it that gates are faster.
But that doesn't matter because of latency anyway, I sync my gear by ear so that is a non-issue for me.
I own my Emu 1616m interface for over ten years, I'm not going to change that just because it has AC coupled ports of course.

I am able to run a midiclock (DC) from my AS Fusebox but I never use it because I like my way better, far more versatile.

I just want to share a tip I haven't seen anywhere else, I thought this would be the perfect place for that!

I clock my Eurorack modular with Ableton Live using the AC coupled outputs on my PC.
They cannot send out gates so I use single cycle waveforms instead, played by Simpler in Live.
I turn it up real loud (it clips) and then it goes directly into my modular, giving me an adaptable master clock signal (I often give it bit of swing).
It works because many modules just need a rise in voltage as a clock signal like Maths eg.
The single cycle waveform I use is a crooked sine, dunno why I've made that crooked, it was trial and error a while back.

So even if you do have DC coupled outs, I think it's a waste to spend them on clocking, this technique works solid with many modules.

Cheers!

I'm currently looking into fabricating my own dual or-combiner to go with my muxlicer.

I've made some of those this year, funny enough, also one for my Muxlicer;
Imgur
It is an open source project, check it out here.

In essence the outs set al negative voltages to zero and only the momentary highest voltage will pass; making it ideal for gate combining.

For some reason the Low Gain Electronics Short Bus has seven inputs, I think that is for creative purposes but I like me eight of 'em.

"Ambitious it is looking", Yoda would say.
Two rackbrutes to fill, lose some MI modules, get some modules that will combine what there already is; e.q. logic or sequencer stuff.
Sound design can be achieved relatively easy, but in Euro it is mostly about the instant joy.

Why not the Befaco Rampage instead of the Make Noise Maths? They are a lot alike, the Rampage has some advantages; you can trigger it manually by hand once (cycle is optional), also you can modulate the exponential/logarithmic pot if I'm correct here (I own a Maths only) , I find that a huge plus. Certainly when you combine a Rampage and a Befaco Dual Attenuverter it will be at least as powerfull as a Maths if you ask me.

Very clarifying reply, what you can do outweights what you can not do.

Additive synthese is something I do not want in my eurorack, I rather keep it more analog.
The difference between a ladder filter and a z-plane filter is huge, sticking with the Evolution.

Thanx for replying though.

I agree partially, have you red this interview with the developer? https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2018/01/22/open-source-synthesis-behind-the-scenes-with-vcv-rack-creator-andrew-belt/
The last update solved a lot of issues, it was the biggest update yet.
Some of the modules in there are not emulations but clones, exactly coded like the hardware like for instance the texture synth (Clouds).
I am in experimenting stage with VCV but I like the potency of it. Like you can use your midi controllers easily within it and therefor within my harware rack also. And also using multiple audio interfaces I find appealing.

Time will tell if it is here to stay but because I am on a limited budged I'm very interested in a hybrid setup with it.

ModularGrid Rack

Hi all,
Modular mates, what do you think of my growing rack?
I run this besides a MFB Tanzbar and a AS Fusebox. Next to my daw (ableton) and other stuff.
The Popcorn was my first module and it is fun, liked it so much I've purchased the 2 expanders retail, the Links is the other retail purchase. The Befaco InAmp and Out are DIY's, got them cheap, the rest I've bought second hand.

I do not see my rack as a stand alone, triggers, gates and CV's can be digital or analog; I am experimenting with use in Ableton and VCV Rack, I do not have any sound generating modules yet.

Right now my first next module could become the Rossum Electro-Music Evolution, HQ ladder filter which I lack.

What I am aiming for is a versatile (polyphonic?) sound, or perhaps a multi channel mono set-up, I'm not sure at all.
What I do know is that digital modules are decreasing in attraction, for instance, Clouds comes within VCV.

Akemie's Castle looks good, I wanna build a powerhouse.

Help me please :)