I like this post. From the average videos available on YouTube related to modular synth, just show that many people actually don't know the concept itself and they end up doing pretty much the same they could do in ableton. Although ableton offers a lot of tools including max live, yet the connection are limited. I am still in the process of building my modest 2 row 84hp, but I am thinking about something specific and I always think I could I connect thing. Another day I just saw a stupid video related to procrastination in the sense of building the system and doing music with it. And sincerely is system is a sequencer and some bass sythm and drums that sound avarege and very easy to accomplish in any daw. And I thought what a wastte of money, and even worse this guy is influence other people to do like him. For me modular is about search sound world and for that you have to patch a lot and study, not just record the first rubbish and edit an album.

I am aware of the modular rabbit-hole cause-effect. I want a very specific setup, base on a sampling and processing instrument or any audio source in realtime as well as in the studio. So I need something portable to bring with me to a rehearsal situation or concert hall. I am also still going to use my computer with my own Reaktor patch. At the moment I am only concern about the depth of the Moog Eurorack Case, which has 4.82cm. The intellijel audio interface II has 4.4cm and I don't know if it will fit probably. I hope so otherwise, I will have to rethink my setup since there aren't too many in-outs interfaces in a 10hp. Thank you for your suggestion.

Shakespeare thank you for your advice. It was really helpful. I actually replaced Maths with Quadrax in my setup. I saw the youtube walkthrough and it is a really amazing module. I would like to ask you a question. In my setup, I have the intellijel audio Interface II which has 4,4cm depth and the case I am planning to buy is Moog Eurorack Case, which as 4,82cm almost 5 cm. Do you think it will fit or it too tight?

Hello, I have been working on this setup for a long while. I still have some doubts related to pamela new workout and maths. I think I need a solid cv modulation, and I love the mimeophone as well as qpas. I also wanted some vca to modulate as well to set some feedback loop experimentation. And I have my audio interface to use as sound source whatever it came across. The question is. Do you think I could replace maths for another thing. Open to suggestions as well idea. Thank in advance

ModularGrid Rack
Hello everyone!

Do you think this modular system is balanced? My budget is up to 3.000€; so I tried to build a versatile system that enables me to explore the sound without constraints (at least for the next two years; I hope). Still I do not know if something important is missing ( a switch Power Supply?). I have a dual VCO, FM Playground, texture synthesis (very useful I think) and FX processor. I also think that I have enough CV controls, and along with ES-40 SPDIF Interface and ESX-8CV mk2 I can apply my own CV controls (Reaktor or Max/Msp). I think I can also use in conjunction with Clouds, external sound sources (samples, Noise,Microphone.....) from my audio driver outputs (or I need some kind of converter? Sounds a stupid question......). Anyway at least I know that I need Adapter Cable 6.3/3.5 mm.

So that's it! Thank you in advance.
Ps: I'm new in this modular world, so don't judge ;)