Thanks for the reaction Racooniac! I indeed had a look for the Yarns, mainly because it lets you record small sequences. Due to budget I went for the A-190-2 midi to cv. I am not quite sure I understood your sentence about being able to use only one of the beatsetps sequencers without Yarns. Isn't it so that for the drums seq I have 8 gates that i can stick in whatever drum modules? Like in my case the peaks and pico drums? And then use the other gate and pitch outputs from the other sequencers to go to an oscillator without even using the midi to cv module?
I will have to try it out. The last modules are arriving today together with my new creation desk!
So I hope I can start soldering the radio music and turing machine this weekend and move everything in the new studio. Cheers again for the tips!

Hello All,

I am Kristof aka Snuckyfication from Belgium, Antwerp province.
I have long been busy in the music but now only as an amateur. I only just discovered the modular synths.
The complexity and complete openness of the system and what you can do with it, draws me to it I guess.
Although I love challenges, I think this one will be a serious learning curve. And since I am in my middle forties, it all tends to go a little bit more slow than twenty years ago.....This might be the start of my midlife....
Are there events around modular in Belgium or neighbouring countries?
Kind regards,

Snuckyfication

...euh, I thought you could put the mother in the rack as a module..;Guess I understood that wrong then...

It all depends on what you would like to do with it. I am also just starting with my first rack, but I tried to choose my modules based on what I want to do with the modular. I opened a thread to ask for advice also.....
What would you like to do with your rack?

! [My Rack] (ModularGrid Rack)

Hi there,

I am completely new to this kind of music/sound making/design. It is really daunting to choose between the tons of modules out there. I would like to create generative music, ambient patches, down tempo, etc. but also being able to integrate this in my normal recording workflow with Ableton. So normal voice, guitars, etc.... After listening to a lot of youtube and what modules they were using to make it, I came to the rack above. I also ordered an arturia beatstep pro for the sequencing. I still have in my studio a machine mk1, MPK225, APC-40,etc..; and newly acquired a book on Midi (Midi Power! by Robert Guèrin) because I still don't know too much how it all interfaces with each other. For instance, how can I bring a microphone in the modular? I mean, I want to talk or sing in the microphone and do stuff with it....what module allows me to do it?
What are your opinions on my decision for the starting modules? Taking into account what I am trying to achieve.
All comments and suggestions are more than welcome and I am looking forward to meeting this community in cyberspace or IRL.
Kind regards,
Kristof aka Snuckyfication