Do you have an example where it does not work?

In general:
* if you upload a JPG, where the pedal is placed on an evenly background, the software tries to autocrop the pedal and change the even background into transparency.
* if you upload a PNG there is no auto image processing involved.

So if the autocrop does not work uploaded PNGs that were edited with an external software indeed give the best results.

Also check where you get the dimensions from.
Instead of giving the right dimensions of a pedal, shops like Amazon often just list the dimension of the package.

-- modulargrid
That's just the thing, it doesn't work for ANY pedal that I add. I always get the dimensions directly from the pedal manufacturer's website. I use a PNG image with a transparent background, but then when I enter the dimensions and submit the pedal,
it doesn't get resized properly. Is that all you have to do is enter the dimensions, or is there something else involved? I'm sure it's probably an error on my end. I'm no photo editing expert.

Still can't figure this out. Can someone please explain to me how you're getting the pedal image to the correct size? Even after adding the dimensions, the image is not the right size. Are you using some kind of photo editing software or???

You have to enter the correct width of the pedal. Everything else will be resized automatically.
-- modulargrid

That's what I do. I go to the pedal company's website to get the dimensions, but the image still won't be the right size. It'll be too small. It happens no matter what pedal I'm trying to add. :/

Once you've found a picture of the pedal you want to add, how do you get it to the size it's supposed to be? I tried to add a pedal, but I could tell by comparing it to other pedals on my board that it wasn't the right size. Can someone please walk me through how you get the pedals sized properly?

Thanks in advance! :)