Question...

• the mono signal after the mutes can be routed trough the delay and then to the 2hp mix or to the Panmix. The signal can also be routed to the Purrvurb but then the output is stereo, to process this with I need a stereo mixer not? Or do I have an alternative way to do this in my setup?

-- Jazzygerard

Disting also has a very nice sounding mono to stereo reverb, and I'm pretty sure the Ciao can take 2 stereo signals or internally normal a mono channel to both left and right speakers. So channel A on the Ciao comes from the Purrverb and B could come from Disting reverb or directly from 2hp mix.

I considered purchasing the stereo version but I don't see the win of a stereo delay compared to the loss in hp and the extra investment.

-- Jazzygerard

The Chronoblob 2 has dual delay modes, which when clocked and fed audio from something percussive like the Digitakt create polyrhythmic delays bouncing from one ear to the other. Also your rack doesn't really have a spare filter or something to put in the send/return loop of the chronoblob, whereas the new module can be run mono with a feedback loop OR stereo. Again the Disting has a clocked delay, but the chronoblob 1&2 have a lot more functionality.

Also the latest image of the rack I posted didn't update either, I left a 6hp gap which you could fill with something like a Dixie 2+ from Intellijel which is an analog VCO/LFO with sync.

Can you explain this more in detail please?
-- Jazzygerard

The quattro figaro is 4 vcas with mixed outputs, if you use the AC & BD outputs as left and right respectively, you can put a mono signal in input A and have it normalled to B (mono to stereo) or the left and right outputs from the purrverb into VCA channels A and B (stereo to stereo). The top half of the module (above the black line) is the CV section, there are 4 CV inverters and attenuators, so you can create a stereo field by having the volume go up in one ear and down in the other. Check out this video at 42 seconds for more info, they demonstrate mono to stereo as well as panning.
ModularGrid Rack

It's worth noting that the Chronoblob 2 is 2hp wider than the original, so if you want to keep that rack configuration pick one up second hand while you still can! I don't think this case has too much audio processing, but too much modulation. Between the Disting, Pamela's and Twin Waves I think you're good in the LFO department lol.
ModularGrid Rack
I removed the Batumi, mixers and the blank panels, and added in a new mixing suite, as well as some modules to compliment the Mimetic Digitalis. 2hp mix and mutes can take in all your mono patched synth voices and send them to the Disting or Chronoblob 2 to be converted from mono to stereo. Quattro Figaro can sum 2 stereo channels together (A&B,C&D) and be used for panning with it's normalled CV inversion. The pico modules (sequential switch and quantizer) when paired with a grid sequencer like the Mimetic Digitalis make generating new sequences a breeze.

Not too shabby! I think you might want to tinker a bit with the layout if this is intended for live use, so that you can get a little better 'flow' for the signal paths and make the setup a bit more intuitive. The only thing I would change out, to be honest, is the uJack...it's great if you're using Intellijel's mixers because it can directly interface with those, but with the Befaco it's just expensive and no better than a lot of other stereo-out modules. Have a look (under the 'Other' manufacturers) at Olitronik's PRO Out...gives you everything in the same space that the Intellijel does, but throws in metering and comes out saving some cash.

As regards the Keystep: yes. That really sums it up. I use one with my Digisound 80 rig, and just love the hell out of it. Also, if/when you jump up to the MB 2s, do consider adding one of the Rackbrutes. It's just a no-brainer move, lets you augment the MiniBrute 2s easily, and also ties into the above nicely. Arturia's really going to have an impact with their both-feet-first entry into Eurorack; this was, I think, a genius move by them.
-- Lugia

Thanks for the info man! I've already got the uJack and since I'm Canadian it shipped super fast and for free too! My plan was to upgrade to a dubmix and connect via jumpers, but then I found the befaco mixer with more channels and mute switches, which seems awesome for live use, and takes up no extra HP. Though the VU meter on the PRO Out seems useful, unless I could sell the uJack for roughly what I paid, I'm probably holding onto it. Also, I took a good hard look at my rack and instantly saw what you meant. I think this current layout is a lot more streamlined for quick patching/live use. As you can see I still care a good bit about the overall aesthetic of the case but now VCAs are closer to EGs, Voices are closer to effects, etc. but what I really like is having the Dirty glitch and Bastl stuff next to Ears. Now if I ever want to trigger my OCD, I can run my finger from the aluminum phonogene panel up exactly 1mm and have that sound amplified. Lol but seriously, thanks for the advice, I'm surely gonna get a keystep now, and keep in mind my workflow as I expand.

Current modules in my rack:

Intellijel uJack, Dixie ii+, MI Tides, 2hp Mix, Bastl Quattro Figaro, Erica mix/split, Erica VC Clock, Sys. 80 Jove, Sys. 80 850, Beast Dirty Glitch, Synthrotek VCA, Befaco VC ADSR

Next 5 (in order):

Maths, Disting, Ears, Phonogene, Fuzz Factory

Modules I want/have in this system and how I think I'll use them

(I'm gonna keep adding onto this section)

Sequencers – SQ-1, Keystep, Minibrute2S, PO Metal series
-SQ-1 I already own and find really intuitive and easy to use for creating a simple pattern.
-Keystep seems like an extremely useful tool for chord progressions and live performance.
-Metal series POs are the latest and greatest portable 16 step sequencers with the ability to add new sounds via sampling and some software. I own the PO-32 already and love it for adding an evolving drum beat and synth bass to my currently bland SQ-1 sequences.

External interaction/modulation – Ears, Phonogene, Hendrikson, Spring Reverb:
-Ears will probably be used for delayed percussive sounds using the cables I'm performing on the teleplexer with to scrape the surface. It's also good for guitars apparently, and I can use it to bring pocket operators up to modular level and not waste a VCA (ty DivKid)
-Using phonogene I'll probably sample an old vinyl and modulate the sound till I get some weird rhythmic thing going.
-Hendrikson will be my primary guitar interface unless there's something I'm missing that makes ears better for that. It's also a good stompbox FX send, I can't wait to hear eurorack sounds thru some Earthquaker pedals.
-Spring Reverb isn't really external (I mean kinda?) but I can just smack it for that classic springs clashing explosion/gun sound. Put thru fuzz factory it'd probably sound mad. It's 2hp less than the Intellijel one also which is cool.

After months of looking at modules, hunting demos, and reading manuals to understand the intricacies of every module in this rack, I think I'm finally ready to start a thread on it. First few posts I'll go over modules in chunks, and give my rationale for why I think I want them, and how they'll work within the rack. So far I own some of these modules, and I have a KORG SQ-1 which I find very useful for sequencing my 104HP of modules. I'm thinking of expanding to a Minibrute 2s when the rack is finished, and getting another SQ-1 or keystep along the way to sequence and play lead sounds. I'm going to use the Pocket operator metal series to sample and create interesting drum lines/vocal&bass sounds. All in all, what I'm looking to get out of this system is a decent tool to live perform on, interact with real world sounds and instruments, and sample.