Probably not. If you read the info on Doepfer's site, you'll notice that this isn't exactly a "traditional" gesture controller. It has some obvious drawbacks, especially regarding the capacitance, that would tend to make it less of a "proper" rod or ring. It seems to me that it would make infinitely more sense to use a Moog Etherwave Plus to send proper CVs and gate to a modular, given that the Etherwave has its aerials in optimized positions already and the circuitry is designed to deal with this sort of thing. Plus, it's a wooden box (NOT metal) which should be easier to control and calibrate, and it can be located away from metal or other things that might cause an unexpected signal.

-- Lugia

Oh, thanks for explaining.

"Control eurorack with Etherwave Plus" is what I am doing right now. But when I saw again those A178, I got a spark of a hope that I possibly can dramatically reduce a size of my road case (minus one etherwave, which is definitely more room to put a more pairs of socks). But I still want to be able to play all things I can do on a "normal" Etherwave.

Again, thank you for keeping me in place!

this is just a quantized bleep-bloops, not a "professional thereminist playing a melody"

Asked Coralie by email. Maybe she tried this module and got an opinion

Guys, is there just ANY video, where we can see how this module is operated by a professional theremin player playing a melody?

11 videos of bleeps'n'bloops and one about Etherwave Pro is no good at all.