Yeh I shall look at other setups. But I haven't really seen /heard any setups on youtube that creates the sounds and the tone I imagine, they all sound too complicated.

I'm actually replicating this to sound & act simular to classic synths that I like with a modern approach.

With the seq switch I could add a voltage attenuator or something to smooth out the voltage changes? The timbral will of cause be different when fed through a filter if the waveform changes, and this is exactly the subtle change I'm looking for.

I appreciate you taking the time for the advises, but I really need specific suggestions on the modules and the setup itself.

Anyways I will study more on the modules that I've chosen.

btw do you have some modular music you can share, like to get an idea of the sounds you create. Maybe our idea of sound is a bit different.

Thanks!

Gotta agree here...this is a little too 'undercooked' at this point. 'Take it slow' is wise advice, to which I would add 'look at other examples', which is another great asset of MG, although you need to be careful to check ones done by the numerous users on here who've got some experience rather than using random examples.

As for sequencing...for something rather tight on space, you might even consider going outboard, since sequencers are usually space-hungry things. Have a look-see at the KOMA Komplex; that, in combination with a Monome setup, would be downright scary.

External processors aren't a bad idea, either (would let you lose the Magneto and free up buttloads of hp!), but remember that the right way to use them, in most cases, is to employ some sort of send/return module(s) that step down the signal to the effect, then step its output back up to re-insert it into the modular's signal level. Also, not a bad idea having that 1U tile row there, but keep in mind that Intellijel's tile format locks out all of the other tile choices, whereas you can kindasorta fudge Intellijel tiles into the 'conventional' format with a little ingenuity (and a bit of hacksawing on the mounting holes on their tiles).
-- Lugia

Hey thanks for the reply.

Why do you think its under cooked?

My approach is to keep it simple, not really into making new crazy sounds. Hence I would like to focus on making good melodies. Some might argue I wouldn't need to go Eurorack for this... and this is also what I have asked myself.

I will be sequencing with the grid and ansible. I think the pair can already do A LOT in terms of pattern creation along with shifty to create new melodic ideas. It can also do modulations on the fx processing side with the magneto & cloud working with the pamala's workout & chance. I'm planning to use the seq switch & T43 for different wave & octave variations.

I agree a LFO module would probably be good as what jburzy01 have suggested.

I'm planning to have some sort of sampler in there for live instrumental improvisation in the future.

So this is the build I'm envisioning!

I'm really looking for simple sounds (traditional mono synth) with lots of sequencing options to create melodic ideas.

I also have outboard fx I'm looking to integrate into the setup.

Any suggestions ?

ModularGrid Rack