https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_907796.jpg
-- Johnprev123

Would appreciate any insights or comments- thank you!

Wow, so crazy. I did some similar research and couldn't find the connection either. Sounds like Subotnick's work came first but not by much. I wonder the Silver Apples were simply playing homage to him when they named their group. If its a crazy cosmic significance, it would be totally freaking legendary. I'm gonna read that Yeats poem. haha

I'll let you know if i learn anything else.

Also check out my instagram, Blacksqre, to hear some of my stuff.

I've always been a huge fan of the Silver Apples but I just learned about Morton Subotnicks, Silver Apples of the Moon.

Is there a connection here or just some crazy cosmic significance that the two most famous 60's synth/electronic musicians have essentially the same name for their music?

Would love some insight here. Thanks

Wow, thanks for the thorough answer here. Extremely helpful. Although, still a bit overwhelmed.

If i were to keep with this set up for awhile, how do you i play them all at once? do you i need to patch each module into an outside mixer. Is there an 3hp or 2hp that would provide me with mixing ability and headphone and stereo out?

I totally agree with you about spending all my time working with the mother 32 and the dfam but i was hoping to keep them all in the same rig to be efficient with space (small apartment). Its definitely my plan to pull the moogs out eventually, but my thought now was to bring them all together in a rack and learn them and store them easily.

Interesting, about what you are saying about using the moogs as audio out for the rackbrute though...

I don't know, kind of lost....

Hey Modular World,

So my first rack consists of

6U Rack Brute Arturia case
Arturia power
Moog - Mother 32
Moog - DFAM
Qubit -Chord
Make Noise - Maths

I have 4hp left and need to figure out what to put it.

Do i need a VCA? i think i need some kind of stereo/ headphone module?

Please help!!! thank you!!!