Thanks to @Plexusgel for a fast shipping and good packaging. Quick to answer and friendly!

Hassle free transaction with @BrokenBo, module well packaged and in mint condition.

Recently purchased a Pittsburgh Primary Oscillator from @Tomah. Well packed and as new, thanks!

Recently bought 2 DIY MI modules from @igorsv, the miniClouds and the Peaks, and it was an excellent transaction!
Quick to answer, good packaging and fast shipping, great build quality. Recommended!

Thanks for your feedback Lugia!

This comforts me in my planning. Aside from buying modules new, it's important to have a good build so I can plan ahead and be able to react quickly if a module comes up on second hand!

So...
I have changed the setup I'm aiming for quite a lot :
ModularGrid Rack

I already have the mantis case and the following modules :
Doepfer A-119 to input other synths. This will eventually be removed once I have some sound sources in the rack.
Erica Synths Black Hole DSP & Pico RND.
MI Veils.
Intellijel Triatt.

Any advice / opinions on this version? The hardware I have so far (cf first post) still holds.

Thank you you expert knob twiddlers!

Thanks for your proposition! I'll have a closer look at it.

Maths was on my list, but couldn't manage to fit it in. I'm hesitating a lot between the Pico DSP and the Black Hole DSP which comes with more controls and effects.

What I like about the Dual ADSR are the extra options (EOD, cycle), but Maths seems to have similar options.

I don't know where you live, but here everywhere I look the Veils is 20 to 40€ cheaper than the Intellijel Quad!! :-P

Yes I am aware of the different amperage on the +12 and -12, I just mentionned the +12 here because as you said it has the biggest load. For now I have 377mA on the -12V so there's still room too. I'll keep an eye on both for sure, and even on the +5V part!

For the mixer, I was looking at the Black Stereo Mixer from Erica Synths. Less features than the Mixology, but still seems to do the job at mixing stereo and the 4th mono input can provide some panning action.

The Doepfer A-119 looks great, thanks for the tip. I was looking at the Entry Point from Pulplogic but it's more than twice the price.

Thank you Lugia for your detailled answer, really appreciated!

About Reason : as said, I just want to focus on the hardware, so I'm seldom using Reason anymore. Anyway, during the rare times I was using it with the synths, I never noticed any timing issues yet.

The case : the Mantis case has 3A on the +12V distributed over 3 zones (1A each). So I guess there should be enough margin there.

Great tip on the input, I'll have a look at the other options to have more functions, could be useful indeed :-)

For the output : I've read so many different opinions on this, so couldn't get to a decent conclusion. Yours is the most motivated one I found ;-) So an attenuator like the Intellijel triatt followed by an output module (stereo) should do? I've updated the rack with it. There's so many options but I'd like to keep the prices not too high if possible.

Your essay was an interesting read. I plan on using the BSP to send the signals and already have 2 LFOs from my synths so it should get me started... slowly. I just want to build it progressively by starting from the basics. Along the way I might switch to other modules than the ones projected here, I don't know. I'm in no hurry at all as you tend to imply. The Clouds is here for now, we'll see if I like its replacement or not once it comes out, that can wait. This rack is not my first draft and I hit the 'del' button often! I was just to a point where I was satisfied with it and couldn't go any further without asking for opinions first. I'm using VCV rack to get used to the whole modular "concept" and see if it works for me. And Youtube has been a very good friend to discover new modules or check the ones I'd like to have.

Again, thanks for your answer. Cheers!

Hello!

I've finally decided to get into eurorack modular, because it looks fun and I really like the idea of building your own personal synth... I've been making music for a while now, mostly with a DAW (Reason) but recently purchased some synths. It just feels more real and I spend enough time on the computer already!

My equipement :
- Beatstep Pro
- Microbrute
- Erebus
- Blofeld (desktop)
- Digitakt
- 2 effects pedals (Zoom MS-70 CDR & Boss RV-6).

I'm mostly into ambient, IDM, but also techno and dub techno... Some glitchy stuffs too...

Questions / remarks :
- The case : the TipTop Audio Mantis looks nice and not too expensive. I like the look of the Eowave 104HP studio case too. Any reasons why I should choose one over the other? (besides a stronger and internal power supply for the Mantis, or a cheaper price for the Eowave one).
- I'd like to interface my current setup with the modules, hence the Pico INPUT to get the sounds of my synths eventually. Any opinions on this module? Will it keep the signal clean?
- My audio interface is a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 that should be able to handle modular levels. Do you advice nevertheless some kind of attenuator / mixer before plugging the outputs of the modular? If yes, why? :-)
- I plan first to get to the "basics" (VCO-VCF-VCA-Envelope...) with the Black Wavetable VCO and the Polivoks VCF, the Z4000 and the Veils. Any opinions on this? Should I start with another combination first?
- The Clouds might be replaced by its successor as I heard it will be out soon.
- Any good suggestions to fill the gaps are heartily welcomed :-) Still looking for some nice effects modules that could also be used with my actual synths.

Thank you for your time and your good advices!

ModularGrid Rack