And you definitely know how to express your thoughts in words and wrap it in an interesting story:-)
Im still struggling with getting around only with a few modules. But over and over there comes the border and how you told.....more space is necessary. Ill keep on getting my brain twisted and if Im done....Ill show you the result hoping that you have a comment again.
Till that, find some sleep and rest the brain:-)
Here is afternoon and time for breakfast.
Many thanks for replying, Lugia.

Thanks again Lugia for your expert opinion:-)
Im happy that you take some time to bring a new one like me to the basics.
Certainly this is the way of creation right from the basic level. But like I wrote it before me think to take a two sources: a morphagene / phonogene and a Telharmonic. Both get modulated with random voltage (Chance), a filter and maybe the batumi to bring some randomness to the random voltage:-)
So far Im understanding the universe of modular by now this should me get crazy stuff out for experimenting some time.
Parallel I will keep on learning the functionality like you have written before.
For me a new universe has opened it gates:-) And its a bit like Humboldt.....feeling like a researcher out in new territory. But Im glad, Im not alone because there are some guides like you.
By the way are you a founder or moderator of this side?
Thanks and greetings from Essen a city in the so called "Ruhrgebiet" in the middle of germany:-)

Lugia, me again......a new idea is coming.
Think to built up the System concrete from make noise is a good way to start and learn and get results:-) Bying the modules used is the other idea:-)

Thanks amethyst and special thanks to you Lugia.
Lugia, I know , me got a big lack of the necessary understanding of sound creating. Especially of having Oscillators, the gates and doing crossmodulation.
But to keep it simple in my way, I thought modulating the 352 with the batumi will bring up some space sounds. These should then be combined with the morphangene. So the 352 should bring up the slow involving and bubbling "background" sound overlaid with some bizarre sound from the morphangene. That was my intention for starting. Timbre etc. was still neglected in my way.
Don't know if this is the right way to start diving in this huge sound universe.......thought of it as a kind of learning by doing.
So Lugia, hope its understandable what Im trying to say. Maybe there is no other way of getting started then doing it with the understanding of crossmodulation etc.. But maybe there is a chance to dive in by having a few modules, playing with them and developing a deeper understanding of sound creation. For me its a search of sound but the difficulty is to know if the modular thing is just playable by understanding the basics of sound creation or if there is a way in the kind of try and error?
Or in germany we say....the money is thrown out of the window....means you spent a lot of money.....if not paying attention to the basics rules.
Maybe you have some explaining words for me, again:-) Thanks.

Hello from Nobone,
another totally beginner in this huge world of modular. So Im here to get some info from you to make my first steps in this world or better universe. Like many others here Im into drones and dark ambient. Doing it by using the west coast style.
But the first steps are difficult. Must confess to understand this universe is not so easy for me. But today modular grid is there and youtube:-) So here Im with my first ideas and a lot of questions.
For the beginning I just want to sources ...the 352 (or the Honda piston) and morphagene (or clouds?). My fresh thoughts are....triggering/modulating the 352 via Batumi and the Doepfer. And triggering/modulating the morphagene via Maths. The output then from both to the Erbe verb.
And now the problems begin. Erbe verb has a lot of functions. So maybe its to "big" for just being used as a normal reverb because of the many cvs for size etc.. So should the Erbe also be triggered by Math or the batumi? And Im a fan of delays. But the space in the rack. I know....then a bigger rack. But wanted at first to start bit smaller. Useful?
So maybe some of you got some time to get me on the "technical" useful way.
Feel free to comment. By the way Im from Germany so you can answer in german, too. Thanks a lot. Nobone
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_626989.jpg?1522493522