That looks very promising especially with the link and tether rows. The only problem with this is I will be using this outside and when traveling in a camper van. Thats why I have an UCX and can record on the go even when I have no laptop nearby. Is it a possibility to just go straight to the ucx and skip the dc coupled i/o? It has no dc outs but I dont need cv,trigg from daw to my eurorack. Only audio rec from euro to daw. or hard disk. Would that be possible with that 1u row straight to the ucx? :)

So when you use an outboart DC-Coupled I/O you go straight from vcas/attenuators to your inputs on the I/O if I understand it correctly? If so isn't that a bit messy on a big system?

Thank you all for replying. I really like those 1u rows. Especially the CV voltage source. It seems so handy. For my second case I will look into it. Now I will focus on this idea. I really dont want to change things up to much anymore.

After some research and great insights from the amazing Lugia I might go with the ES-3 Mk4 + ES-6 Mk2 combo. Cheaper than an ES-9 and it gives me 8 outs if I am correct? The ES-9 gives me more than I can use with my RME UCX (8 A INS). Let me know what you guys think of it!

Link:

ModularGrid Rack

All the best and enjoy the weekend.

-Glenn

Hi,

This is a build created with help from the forums from two awesome members. I changed some things up a bit. Nothing is certain yet ofc. I have a few points of concern left.

• Not enough mults/attenuators/offset generators. I have thought about:U-110 from Ladik. Also there is a M174 mixer that will join my modules soon if I can get to order it. I have some of the modules laying here while my case is getting build. My question basically is: Will I notice these are missing would I build this whole system as it stands here?

• The outputs. The main idea was first: A toppobrilo 4 channel mixer. (I hope I spelled that correct :) ) + A Ciao from Bastl. Stuff goes from the Toppobrilo to some fx and goes to the Ciao Bastl Then out to my Daw. But this is not what I want. I want to multitrack to my daw (8 channel UCX). I was thinking about some Ladik P50 4 Ch (outs).

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/ladik-p-520-4ch-out-line

Can I then just let my audio run trough the Ladik P50's. Then to my I/O and hope for the best? Or is there a better more efficient way? Maybe put some attenuators in front of those P50's? I'm overstudying this and getting lost and I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Glenn

I'l follow up on that advice. I am making a raw sketch of what I will buy first atm.

A question I have though:

Is it really that usefull to have a mixer module IN the rack itself? Because I have some VCA's and eg:shades. And could mix outboard on the UCX software 'Totalmix' or does this have its drawbacks?

Hi guys!

Link to the second version of "Die welt ist alles, was der fall ist":

ModularGrid Rack

So I took my time and made a revision of my idea. I followed Lugias idea mainly. But still I may have got some weird picks here and there. The cases from Lake Cabs are amazing and so cheap for what they are. They look beautiful too. Really got that natural vibe that gets to me instantly. Thank you for bringing those up. o/

I chose to not include the Instruō arbhar while it all looks and sounds amazing I chose to go for the Morphagene instead (maybe). The sound speaks more to me. I am also not sure about including the Shapeshifter. It is way better for my use-case than SWN but I may still just remove this module. Same can be said about the morphagene and or DPO. I'd love to include all of these but budget and an overload of sound sources do not seem right to me, what do you guys think? Both The Z-plane filter I fell in love with, just wow. Same can be said about the data bender.

The left half of the bottom row I am not sure about. I was thinking of including less chaotic stuff. But maybe this will work just fine... I will do some more research about these control modules. While some look great I do not know if they fit my use case -yet.

My idea got a bit out of hand by including two more rows but I plan to buy it in two periods of time. I hope this revision is better as I took the whole day off to get this together. I still got two weeks till I will start the build IRL. So until then I hope this machine can grow.

Kind regards,

Glenn

Thank you so much for all that work. I'l check the rack intesively. After that i'l come back to this thread with hopefully something better. I'l keep all you both said in mind. Thank you once more. I'l have some work to do now. :)

Hi Jim

Thank you so much for your time and reply as it helped me out alot. Tomorrow I will have more time to go indepth but for now I changed things up a bit. The biggest change would be removing swn. From all sound sources it is the one I need the least. After that I added a bunch of utility: (The ones you named I will research them indepth later since I just got of work.)

The thing I am not quite sure about are LFO2 and ST mix. I dont think they are ideal to handle that many mono outputs even though SWN has been removed and I have added Shades. I'm guessing I must search for some summing mixer...

And btw I just loved Zadar. It is exactly what I need. Thank you very much for that and your info I'm just curious what you meant by your last sentence as it got cut of for some reason?

Hi,

I would like to ask if this is an acceptable setup? I did my research well. Except I am having a hard time figuring out to make an end product that works well.

My intentions for this machine are to make it a sampler/mangler and wavetable synth. Planning to create ethereal but also obscure sounds for my production. On the software side of things I use Renoise|Reaktor 6 so I am used to using tracker interfaces.

In the end to repeat myself I am looking for a versitile non creative restricting machine.

Thank you for your time reading this and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Glenn