Thank you, Garfield! Your always kind words are much appreciated!

Inscrumental music for prickly pears.

Hi again, a couple more experiments.

=5cdfc2b2d049475c919bd58b6eb4e166

=ab70893fc4174d6db714cfb3a599c548

Thank you!!

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Thank you all!

It's a ways-away, unfortunately. We're just now climbing back to some normalcy after my wife got laid off in May. She's working again, and making more money than before, but she hasn't gotten her first paycheck yet. As such, had to tighten the belts and stop most non-essential expenses. I'm hoping I'll be able to have it out on bandcamp some time next year. The upside is that I'm getting time generate more material to choose from when it's time for mixing and mastering. :)

Thank you!!

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/mKetB

Lorre-Mill Double Knot running stereo through Tensor, Avalanche Run, and Rooms. Plumbutter just doing its thing, though I used its deerhorn to glitch things here and there. Electric guitar processed by Cocoquantus through Ghost Echo.

Might take another pass at it with a fretless electric bass just to see how that sounds.

Thanks a ton! Yeah, the guitar was done with a Montreal Assembly Count to 5 and my mutant attempt to do a Bill Frisell thing. It's definitely different, and I'll probably take another run at it. I think it's a little loud in the mix, too.

The Chirper is more versatile than it at first seems and rewards continued exploration, and I can't recommend the Double Knot enough if you want your electronic music to swing. You can make a four-over-three thing cracked by inputing off-beat. So it's in time, but a really effing weird time. The DK was providing time for the Plumbutter, so it's clicks and clacks are in the same systematically off time. A Red Panda Tensor makes some pitch adjustments and further time weirdness available in stereo. I highly recommend that pedal.

Thank you!

Thanks, Garfield! As always, you're incredibly kind!

The first track uses my Lorre-Mill Double Knot and CL Plumbutter. The second uses a Bug Brand Board Chirper, Plumbutter, and some geetar.

Cheers!

Edited to add - if anyone is familiar with it, the first tune reminds me in parts of a Peter Sherrer/Arto Lindsay tune called Pretty Ugly.

Thanks Garfield! Yeah, I'm trying to keep things shorter right now, establish a mood and then let it pass?

Thanks again!

Thanks Garfield!

Here's a much shorter one.

Thanks much! I really wish the stand-alone Chirpers were still available so that I could enjoy cv control as opposed to touch points, but it's still a blast. Apparently they weren't popular enough to continue with.

Thanks! It's definitely more on the experimental side, but there are sweet spots to be found. My favorite bit starts around 3:50, makes me think of multiple church bells tolling, before I start using the touch points.

My first yootoob vid, 20+ minutes of dorking around on the Board Chirper.

Thank you very much!

Thank you!

Hah, I'm in the US, out in the Pacific Northwet. Too kind once again!

Thank you, Garfield! That is too kind of you!

A gentleman named Neil Welch tracked the sax for me in his home studio. I hope to have him on a couple more.

A new track with my Cocoquantus processing an Electro Faustus Black Fly and a kalimba, with overdubbed hollow body git box and electric bass, and then the Monday track with the sax added.

Cheers!

Yep! Sometimes I'll have two different signal paths, but I usually chain them together. The one thing I haven't explored is the expression outputs, though I will at some point. My Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge and Long Life pedals are good candidates for that.

Very cool. I have two S.B.G.s in my minimal system.

Thread: Free Jazz!

Awesome, thank you!

So an unsteady stream of snare and gongue hits, enhanced by small grains here and there, of said sounds, re-pitched, and extended or shortened?

And am I right to assume you have the setting of Density towards the random side ?
-- ParanormalPatroler

Exactly, yes!

Btw, do you use the same handle on Youtube? I'd like to check out your stuff too!

Depending on what I'm doing, however, I will go full-wet with Beads. It really just depends, and I rarely set out with anything specific planned. Those pieces are all improvisation on top of improvisation on top of improvisation.

Ah, gotcha. It is not full-wet on those two. Mix, if I recall correctly, was around midnight. The idea was for Beads to help simulate flams/drags and variation in attack strength. A slightly rightward turn of the pitch attenurandomizer helps with this too.

Hi Para, thank you!

In Free and Monday, I have two Lorre-Mill Double Knot v2s synced and providing clock to a Ciat-Lonbarde Plumbutter 2 via the 'Steam' sequencer. The sequencer then triggers the PB's snare and gongues. The Plumbutter then goes through Beads. The rate of the DK clock is modulated by one envelope on one of the DKs, so that gives things a little variation rhythmically. In Beads, I usually have the size knob around midnight, the feeback somewhere between 2 and 3 o'clock, and then have the attenurandomizers somewhere to the right. I use the reverb here and there. It's all seasoning to taste, though. I rarely use an external trigger for seeding and don't use freeze much. That said, I have barely scratched all that Beads can do.

Thank you both! We'll be alright, just need to tighten the belts for a bit. We're in a better position than so many others over the past year or so.

I received the first sax takes yesterday and I'm absolutely stoked. I think it's going to turn out really well. Unfortunately, my wife also lost her job, so we're down to one income for the foreseeable future. That's going to put a crimp in things, but at least it's well and truly started, however long it takes to finish it.

Thank you all! I'm excited for sure. It will be a year, probably, before it's out in the world (money is funny when you're doing things DIY), but it's in progress.

Here's another one, with additional percussion. Plumbutter through Beads providing the twinkly tones. I've sourced a sax player so the new record is definitely in the works now.

Thread: Oscilloscope

Dave Jones is excellent, but I'm pretty happy with the vpmd Zero. I had a Mordax Data and it was absolutely overkill for my purposes, so I sold it on. Pretty sure the Zero fits your budge better than than the DJ.

I'm pretty happy with Cakewalk's Sonar, but Machete don't MIDI and I do very little editing. I'm a basic user. Caveat Emptor.

In fairness to Lugia, that's not xenophobic. Derogatory, perhaps, but not xenophobic. 'Rubes' is pretty benign in the US, maybe not in the UK?

Thank you both, incredibly kind!

And.... I am slowly working on an album of such pieces. I've even gone so far as to get new strings for the upright for the first time in over a decade, though I've yet to install them. I'm also going to see if I can afford to pay someone to do some Peter Brötzmann/John Zorn-style sax on a few things. We shall see!

Markets are weird... take Beeple's $65 million sale of an NFT. NFTs make absolutely NO sense to me, and the piece in question isn't even close to high art, or really good low art, in my opinion. Value is a vague noun/verb, however, so it's whatever people make of it.

Thank you!!!!

It's been a surreal, brutal, year. I really hope things turn around for you!

It's just the folks who buy something and immediately list it for profit that bug the **** out of me. Hard times/needs must as you say, no issue with that. How do you tell, that's the question. For me, it's something like the Chase Bliss collaborations where they sell out, and then the aholes list them for double/triple the price the same day. I was glad to see Joel saying he wasn't doing limited editions anymore because of the phenomenon. So, I think there's quite a difference, and I do sleep quite well at night.

All that said, very sorry to hear you've been through, and are going through, hell.

Thanks Garfield!

I used my Morphagene for the first time in ages on this one, ran a PO12 into it, and everything is loosely synced to it. Otherwise, the usual suspects are at play - Plumbutter, double Double Knots, Tetrax into Cocoquantus, and Mother-32.

Very kind of you, thank you! Checking yours out!

Great stuff there!

It's a big jump in price for those of us in the US, but you're right. Resale value is good, for sure.

Here's another with upright, a little less skronky.

Often caustic and chaotic, but capable of sublime beauty in the right hands. There are a few adepts out there who can really wring some magic out of them.

Hmmm.... this could replace my 2hp VCAs. Thanks for the heads-up on this!