The image on modulargrid of the v2 is incorrect, it is of the v1. It would be great if it could be corrected, so that it might help people in not getting scammed.

Thread: Marketplace

What's so hard with giving a seller or buyer a thumbs up?

When I sell something, I often agree to a proposal, take the time to wrap it up really well, and keep the buyer up to speed untill it arrives at the buyers house. I always like to verify if it arrived and in what condition. In the past one would give a thumbs up, but nowadays after even asking to consider a thumbs up, sellers seemingly just can't be bothered. I personally find this annoying to the point of acting in the same way.

Mind you, it's not solely MG, I have the same issue with Reverb and other online marketplaces with possibilities for reviews. Which is a shame really as it sort of filters who is trustworthy and who isn't, both sellers and buyers, so you're basically helping out the community in a way.

So please consider those thumbs.

I'm a private person and have become more so seeing that generally more and more personal information is being stored for what not.

Having said that, I would suggest a rack should be set to 'private' by default, or that you change that if you prefer it to be public. Good idea?

Wouldn't it be great if you could send monophonic sequences to each of the channels. Dang, you'd have 8 channels note to CV for instance coming from a DAW...

Coincidentally read that on her site earlier today. They do pop up now and then, I sometimes regret selling it.

Adding as a new feature is a type of action 😏🤡

Shame it can't record external CV/envelope/follow, or it would be smaller HP competition for Ephemere.
-- mntbighker

SDS Rit_M?

A new annoying habit has emerged on the marketplace: people posting as selling a module, but are apparantly actually looking for the module and gaining views by setting prices on the lower end. I personally find this annoying as hell, and would love to blacklist these clowns in some way.

Please at least take some form of action.

@aleszylder,

Does this mean you will remove the thumb down you gave regarding this user?
And will you remove the names you mentioned in your post as ‘possible frauds’?

I succesfully avoided an scam attempt the past week from a guy living in Rotterdam, be aware of trading with whichever that uses

***@aoutlook.com as a paypal address

There are other users that were scammed for this pig
-- franq

I am aware my response is over a year later. The dude mentioned is still active, I believe mainly on Facebook groups where I read about him several times. He ‘sells’ under several names, so be aware.

So I’m wanting to sell one of my upeaks, but it’s a Pusherman / Jak Plugg board and panel. Now unless a brand such as Befaco sells diy versions of their modules you cannot find these on the marketplace. So what I see is that loads of sellers sell their diy modules under a certain brand (i.e. Mutable Instruments) which suggests the original, but isn’t, and I feel that can be annoying. Seeing there currently is no other way; should I in my case just go ahead and sell it under Michigan Synth Works as it’s CV input expandable?

Perhaps in future there would be an easy way for seller and buyer to add/identify whether it’s diy or not? Or perhaps add a diy version of certain modules under which all diy versions can be placed?

Thread: Bug Report

On trying to reply on posts regarding modules, I can preview my reply, but pressing 'submit' does nothing on W10 both Firefox and Edge.

Great little sequencer the DOT, pairs well with a Robaux LL8, I like that the DOT lets you program ratchets and you can control Euclidean sequences with CV for a constantly moving set of rhythm. Programming it can be a little boring but its great for little fills and background percussion, I also use one channel as an Accent pattern on the Patching Panda Hatz.

If I was going to give a negative about the DOT it would be that the Trigger outputs could be a bit stronger, and the Channel mutes should come up first on the Long Press Encoder knob.
-- wishbonebrewery

Thanks for your input, appreciate it.
Coincidentally someone contacted me regarding a diy clone module, oh excuse, ‘based’ on the Dot. I’m curious to find out what the difference is. Just might adress your issues.

It is one of the very few dedicated compact modules with which you can CV shift the patterns, what I found really interesting as I want something non-chaotic shifting which can be easily reset top the default value. I have a uGrids, but we don't get along; I can't shift and I want the visual feedback, but I do like the compact size.

Though I have followed several videos of this module, I’m still in doubt if it’s a keeper.

Just passing by in 2021 but what you could use is the Triatt from Intellijel. Versatile module which will send out a constant CV signal when there's no input. I use it specifically for this combined with the Mutable Links mix/sum tool.
The downside of 2hp DC is that you can only add, so you can't subtract, which you can do with Triatt.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-triatt