A live patch streaming session from last night.

-mowse

Performed on Moog Subharmonicon and two Moog Mother 32's. Effects by Q-Bit Nautilus and Desmodus Versio. Modulation by Vector Space. Stereo filtering, eq, and compression by SoundStage, SCLPL, and MSCL.

A live patch and jam session on two Moog Mother 32's, DFAM, Plaits, and BIA. Qu-Bit Nautilus, Imitor Versio, and Desmodus Versio provide depth and atmosphere. Modulation by ochd and Vector Space. Sound EQ, compression, and stereo placement by SCLPL, MSCL, and SoundStage. Recorded on a Zoom H2n.

Enjoy!

-mowse

Working with Qu-Bit Nautilus while playing Plaits. "From the deep ocean trenches, to shimmering tropical reefs, Nautilus is the ultimate exploratory delay network." This jam brings in atmospheres of the ocean, from shoreline to deep trenches. Other voices include the Moog Mother 32, DFAM, and BIA. Qu-Bit Nautilus is quickly becoming a favorite among my collection of delays.

I really enjoyed this one. Great atmosphere! I had no idea that Eric Wenger was still developing software. Back in college, we burned an untold number of hours and cpu cycles generating Bryce landscapes. Nicely done!

Another round of playing with Qu-Bit Nautilus piped into Mimeophon. Most modulation is performed with ochd feeding Vector Space. This has become my favorite way to generate slower modulation that drifts within the time signature. Voices are two Moog Mother 32's, Plaits, and BIA for the steady kick.

-mowse

Thanks, all! This little module is really pulling some weight in the rack. More to come as I figure it out.

Here's another one from last night.

More modulation of Qu-Bit Nautilus with WORNG Vector Space and ochd. This fits right into my workflow and creates a lot of dynamic sounds and events. This is really helpful since I spend a lot of time playing the Moogs by hand.

A couple of jams from my first evening with Qu-Bit Nautilus.

Definitely a keeper. Wants modulation, loves slow LFO’s. Try WORNG Vector Space fed by DivKid’s ochd.

-mowse

Yeah. It’s amazing. Definitely keeping.

Just another live jam session. Enjoy!

-mowse

Rain is once again on the radar. The wet season is returning. Getting ready for a winter of live streaming with a warmup improv on the Moog stack.

Hope you dig it…

Long time, no see.

A little after dinner Moog jam. Two Moog Mother 32’s played over a DFAM kick. Modulation and VCA’s played by hand. A fun way to play these semi-modulars.

Hope you are all well.

Still alive. Pausing for a moment to make some noises. :-)

✌️

Wrapping up an outstanding weekend with an adhoc jam session on the Moog stack.

Some technical bits...

Two Mother 32's are run through Mimeophon and Desmodus Versio. DFAM provides the kick. These days, I am doing all stereo balancing, eq, and compression in-modular with SoundStage, SCLPL, and MSCL. Audio is crammed right into YouTube by a Scarlett 4i4.

Hope you enjoy it!

Happy Saturday evening! Enjoy.

Thread: Live jam…

Thanks! I'm trying to do more live streaming sessions this year.

Hope you enjoy this evolving downtempo jam session…

Thread: Live jam…

Happy weekend,

Just a couple of Friday evening patches…

Have a great weekend! ✌️

Thanks, all, for the kind words. Finally getting some free time to jam.

Hope you enjoy!

Closing out 2021 with some live jams. Happy New Year to all of you!

Yeah, really nice textures and modulation going on here. A Mother 32 and the Waldorf Iridium with Skylab and Microcosm is kind of an ambient perfect storm. Drop in a bunch of offset, wandering LFO’s and let it ride.

I really dig this! Almost has more of a DAW arrangement feeling than modular, do you know what I mean? Nicely done.

I really dig this! Almost has more of a DAW arrangement feeling than modular, do you know what I mean? Nicely done.

Had a chill Friday evening in the studio, starting with a DPO drone session followed by a couple of jams on Telharmonic, Odessa, and the Mother 32’s.

Hope you enjoy today’s little jam session!

-mowse

Thanks to you both. Glad you liked it.

;-)

Hey, thanks! Really glad you both enjoyed it. ✌️

Chill with me for six deep minutes…

A generative ambient patch, quantized to a minor scale, played on Loquelic Iteritas. PNW is the keeper of time and pace. QPAS, Imitor Versio, Desmodus Versio, and WORNG Soundstage create the spaces between. Gentle waves of modulation radiated by øchd. EQ and Compression by SCLPL and MSCL.

Good headphones and a cold beer recommended.

https://studio.

Just enough time this for a quick session on the Moogs.

Hey, thanks! That’s quite a compliment. I haven't yet considered myself Bandcamp worthy.

Wonderful. A really great exploration. Thanks for sharing this. 👍

Work kept me busy over the past few weeks but I spent this entire Sunday in front of my blinking lights…

I’ve been working on creating depth and complexity from simplicity, working with a few oscillators run through thoughtful effects chains affected by interesting modulation sources. These are a bit of that.

Modules rising to the top here: ochd, Vector Space, QPAS, Imitor Versio, Desmodus Versio, and Mimehon. VCO’s lean toward Moogs, Plaits, and BIA.

Hope you enjoy.

• mowse

Yeah, I dig it. Good stuff. Drums would work out nicely. 👍

It has been a while but I found time today to jam on the modular synthesizer. I thought I'd revisit one of my earlier tracks, Cygnus.

Hope you enjoy it.

-mowse

The weather has been so nice that I haven’t sat in front of the monster in almost two weeks. Anyhow, added XAOC Moskwa II for additional creative sequencing. Some muscle memory to develop with this one but also immediately fun.

Super rad! Nicely done. 👍

I Benjolin’d and I liked it. Super cool module!

Yeah! A good BBD is just so cool. I’m also very interested in the new Moskwa II and expander module. XAOC has been growing on me. 👍

Zoning out a little bit after a week of drinking from the fire hose.

Settled into a nice evening jam session with no plan or expectations. Found my way here.

Hey, thanks to you both. Glad to be back.

There’s always room for more VCA!

Lots of good information on Turing Machine here:

https://musicthing.co.uk/pages/turing.html

Pamela’s New Workout does provide a source of random but it is really meant to be the clocking heart of a system with several other modulation functions and even basic quantization. It is “menu divey” but fast and intuitive. Again, an entire system can be powered by PNW. In my own system, I use it for roughly 80-90 percent of patches, either as a main clock source of source of modulation.

Go slow. There’s lots to learn. About now, I ask: do you have a good quad VCA and do you know how and why to use it?

A Rotating Clock Divider is an essential utility. Mine lives next to Pamela’s New Workout but gets fed by many clock and pulse sources, including sources of random. 4MS makes nice ones. You really can’t go wrong owning at least one.

Lots going on with the new job role but ample spare time for bleep bloops. Dropped a bunch of new jams on the YouTube channel. Here’s one from last night. Hope you dig it.