That's really kind of you.

Yeah, I think CV could be pretty easily done. It could also function as an 8 step sequencer.

Will keep you posted on the Unsung Machine album!

Thanks for your kind words Garfield. Yeah, I guess I'm describing it as controller because it doesn't actually generate sounds, well not in this current incarnation. I figured CC was a better route to go down as it would be more a more versatile device connecting to modular systems and other synths. For example, I'm currently feeding the CC from the wheels into a Polyend Tracker to make generative sequences, but also using the the same CC to shape and morph the sounds of the synths the Tracker is sequencing. It just seemed like a more powerful way of doing it, given how well designed almost all music gear is this modern golden age. It also meant the entire device could run pretty comfortable on a single Arduino. I've been using the Polyend Poly 2 to convert CC to CV for the modular system. The 'record' and 'play' wheel work really well at reading and then blending all the CCs. I always wished the crossfader on the Octatrack could be assigned to control multiple CCs but for some reason it can't, so that's why I added that functionality.

I made it from scratch and I'll be posting a 'making of' video in the next couple of weeks. I've also started uploading videos of the musical results here:
https://www.lomondcampbell.com/unsung-machine-live

I'd be open to commissions down the line but would like to concentrate on making an album with it for now.

Thanks again for your interest...and for remembering the turntable sequencer!

I thought this little project might be of interest here:

A unique controller for using words to control synths, shape sounds and generate melodies.

Here's how it works:

Enjoy.

Thanks Garfield! Glad you enjoyed it.

I thought some folk might be interested in this machine I built for pairing up with a modular system.
It was a commission for someone else but I enjoyed messing about with it so much I'm going to build myself one.

www.lomondcampbell.com

Hey thanks Garfield Modular. I should have posted a link to my website too as you can see all the drawings there, plus it has the code if anyone wants to have a go at building one. I'll put a video up on YouTube of how I built it. Many thanks for your kind support.

Hey folks,
I connected an 18th century harmonograph to a 21st century synth. Lissajous drawings, each with their own modular soundtrack.

You can hear the whole album here:
https://lomondcampbell.bandcamp.com/album/near-unison

Hope you enjoy!

Hi - I made a simple Arduino based device for converting your turntable in to a modular gate sequencer.
Here's the video for how to make it

and here's all the code / diagrams / templates you'll need.
https://www.lomondcampbell.com/projects-1
I'm having a lot of fun with mines, particularly by combining vinyl sampling.

Let me know what you make of it.

You might have something there Lugia. I had to fiddle a bit with the gain every time I tried this in order to get Ears to consistently fire a gate. I hadn't heard of Time Bandit. I could use Ears purely as a preamp going in to such a device. Many thanks for the feedback.

A patch idea using a contact mic on a metronome to clock the entire rack, making use of a contact mic and the gate output on ears in to Pam's clock in. Had to run the metronome quite fast and it still drifts a bit....I think because the cheap metronome isn't very metronomic. The tick is slower than the tock, which I thought would give it some MPC-esque swing. It seems to just add some slight latency somewhere along the line though. Would be great to get some feedback and thoughts.