Thread: Opinions!

Agreeing with Ronin.

Start small, and slow so you can learn what parts do, and what you'll need. I think the big sequencers are a waste if you're at home playing with a keyboard or a computer. That Eloquencer is a monster, and you can use a laptop and the ES-8 to do everything already.
You could start with Plaits as a big complex voice, and ONE module to drive it, Maths, Pams and ES-8 all can do a huge amount of control, and deserve your attention and practice, only after a few weeks you'll decide if you want a sequencer or the envelope generator Quadrax to be in your little rack.

If you're after 'a ton of eardrum damage' you should look at distortions or harsher modules from Schlappi Engineering or Moffenzeef. I don't see any crunchy distortions in your proposed rack.

I use a dual comparator to convert the sine and saw out from a VCO into two kinds of square. Vary the threshold and it varies the pulse-width. Sum several squares with different pulse-width and you get a super-saw thing. Really nice effect to convert a 'plain' sound source into a complex one.

Good point. Will change them to assembled. Thanks.

I'm adding some new modules I have for sale as PCB sets or kits or assembled. Of course that's three very different prices. Not sure which one to be listing on the database.
I started filling out the PCB/Panel price because theyre the most popular, but it's misleading to show something so much different from a non-diy item.

I use the 2HP TM for pitch, and it doesn't need a quantizer if you don't mind that it misses 'true notes' and comes out really random. Good for non-pitch things too of course.

Problem I'm seeing is it likes to start off at super high notes, like when blank it boots up to all max voltage, has anyone else experienced this behavior?

You can build a floating passive atten with two jacks and a knob. Cost about $2 if you've got a soldering iron already. See the original instructions over there http://www.doepfer.de/DIY/a100_diy.htm . of course it assumes some electrical know-how, and mine looks like a ball of duct tape. Still super handy to have a one-off inline 0HP solution for things that CAN be passive like attenuation or low-pass filtering.