Thanks Lugia. Exactly the sort of help I need. I'll take a look at the modules you suggest.

If, like me, the build is going to be a slow one. What order would you recommend getting the individual modules in? I would guess the VCO and Filter would be the first 2 bits to get (after the case and power supply of course!!).

After putting this off for many years, I am finally dipping my toe into Eurorack!! I am looking for a system that will allow me to run a short sequence from Logic into it (16 measures) and have it create very musical, atmospheric, ambient, evolving 'noises' from it. I want to record the results back into Logic so the results need to be syncronised and balanced not random noises.

I do realise I haven't put a USB/MIDI/CV interface in my rack as I have no idea what the best thing is to get.

I have no external synths. Everything else I have is ITB. I have a Focusrite Forte audio interface which should be fine to get audio from the modular back into my Mac.

The V1.0 system I have put together will hopefully get me started but i'm am sure there are many things I have done wrong and things that people can suggest I look at. I am not looking to buy the system in one hit. This will take a good 12 months to develop as I want to enjoy the process and get to know each module I purchase before getting another. My plan is also to do a few DIY modules as well.

I plan to buy a 104hp case (something like the Moog one so I can stack up extra units as and when required). The power supply I have chosen seems to be a popular choice but again I am open to other suggestions.

So, have I picked a solid starting point or am I way off? All help and suggestions very gratefully received.