Thanks both I appreciate the replies! I love the three module challenge videos and this youtube clip absolutely tells me I can go with a palette case

I also have a 0-Coast and ton of pedals... so I am not worried and just having the palette
-- Spencerdeathwaltz

(1) you are absolutely right you can make fine music with just a pallete.
(2) ricky's video's are great and most people on this forum probably watch his video's
(3) the beauty of modular is that there is no right and there is no wrong. 3 moduless. 62 HP. 15 modules. 316HP case. it doesn't matter. todd barton could probably make a vca sound like radiohead.
(4) if you watch the most recent ricky video he even talks about "going back" to a bigger case. what the other posters were tryin to say - pretty clearly too - is that cases like the pallette & the 4ms pods are great lil additional ligaments, if you will, to existing 'bigger' cases. can they be there own system? absolutely they can be. again no right no wrong. 1 modules or 304 HP. don't matter. but even if you look at the evolution of ricky's small case video's he has new modules in there all the time. where do those other modules go? in their box? how do you learn them then? he's got a bigger case he has them all in...for sure. and then the small case becomes a lil extra hand or if he wants to do his small lil jams with his additional synths then he can. the argument could then be made that if he had one 6u or 7u 84 HP case he could just have the one system..again no right or wrong. but something to consider.