Check out Zadar by XAOC. It's like an envelope or transient generator but on steroids.
-- cg_funk

That looks interesting, but the the fact that it doesent go to negative voltages is a bit of a bummer, as i feel like thats something i should aim for now. Ill keep that in mind tho

Yeah. You'll need a small mixer and output. I like the NE Xerest Pola for compactness, mute switches, and headphone out, but there are a lot of good options. I love all the NE stuff!

You'll also want a trigger or gate sequencer to power those envelopes. NE has a lot of options for those, the Bin-seq is only 4HP wide as a gate sequencer. Probably you'll want a small sequencer too, maybe shop for one that has a built-in quantizer (O+C can do that, for example).

I happen to have a 220HP 7U case and I keep my DFAM inside the case... it's basically the center of my rack and I patch it to everything, so it didn't make sense to pull it away and have 10 cables of spaghetti between the DFAM and the rest of the rack. If I were you I would eye a slightly larger rack space with the thought that basically one row is already spent on your DFAM and Erebus. In larger racks power consumption is the biggest limitation, and the DFAM/Erebus don't draw as much power per HP as a lot of tiny digital modules, so it works out well actually.

-- cg_funk

Yea i have been using the doepfer vca as a mixer/output now. Its not ideal since it has a bit of noise, not too much tho and does the job temporarily for now. The diy mixer i posted seems like a solution for this.

I have plenty of trigger outs in BSP, currently only using one. Lil erebus also has gate out i can sync to. I have been looking at the audio damage sequencer, but that would likely mean trading dfam away.. But sequencing from mpc through BSP and sometimes just BSP works ok for now. I feel like modulation is more important currently. But then i have this feeling in the back of my head that there is something else missing as well, but i dont know what. And there are plenty of different modulation sources that im unaware of. I do know that im not after some very basic LFO, i have one on erebus, that can actually get pretty interesting when clocking it through the divider module :) but still, there are 4 sound sources and only one very basic LFO in the setup. Maybe something that can make both envelopes and complex LFOs would suit me.

I was eyeing on the doepfer complex envelope generator / LFO, but then realized that it might nit actually be straight up many envelopes and LFOs, but something i dont quite understand..

Oh and one thing i really would like from a modulator is the ability to do slooooow complex LFOs. Running slow LFO to Loquelic Iteritas cv inputs sounds sick, especially if there were more than just one of them..

You might want to do a little research on an "Ornaments & Crime" module and the Expert Sleepers Disting Mk4.

They aren't dedicated modulation modules. But they have LFOs that can themselves be modulated as well as other sources of modulation (sequencing, quantizers, etc.). Each one will be under 300EU, definitely. The O&C gives you more modulation while the Disting has some audio effects (resonators, reverbs, delays, etc.).

What's nice about this type of module is that if you find yourself using a particular aspect of it over and over, you can then make an informed decision if you might want a dedicated module to perform those functions freeing up your original module to perform other functions.

Get the Moog out of your case. HP is expensive and you'll probably add more modules as time goes on. No sense in buying another case or a larger one when your Mother can sit right next to it.

-- Ronin1973

I already had looked at the expert sleepers module, but the lack of clear controls are a bit offputting, but that was just the first impression. Ill look at it some more. O&C looks interesting as well and seems pretty cheap for what it does. Ill definitely keep that in mind. Thanks

Hi everyone, first post here. I recently got into this eurorack thing and just got a few new upgrades for my rack the other day, but im still missing some modulations and perhaps some other utility modules. Im slightly lost with the rack and sorta scratching my head about which direction to take it towards.

alt text

Besides my rack, i also have beatstep pro, mpc live and an ipad connected to focusrite 6i6. 6i6 can take the output of modules, but it is a little noisy. Output module would be nice, but i feel like there is more important things i need first than to get rid of a little noise. I dont really need FX modules since i run all sounds through AUM on ipad and i can use FX plugins in it.

At the moment im mostly doing midi sequences, sampling them to mpc and making new ones. I feel like that is most likely the path i will continue now, instead of trying to build a proper standalone groovebox. I am considering that as well tho, and the new René looks interesting.. There is this mixer module im planning of buying at some point Uraltone tube sounding micro mixer but i definitely feel like i need some more modulation, something more complex than the simple LFOs on lil erebus. I looked as Ypsilon, but couldnt find pretty much any info on it, or videos on youtube.. I would naturally want to get cheap as possible and my budget is pretty much the midi guitar im trying to sell(hoping to get around 350€, but likely will need to settle for like 300€ or less) + not too much more.

Any ideas anyone? I know i will definitely want a buffered multi at least

I can make plenty of room to my rack by putting DFAM back to its own case and 3D-printing a case for lil erebus.