Thread: 2x 84

Sure. Not proving universal facts here, just my thoughts as requested, (i´ve played synth of all kind since my first purchase in late 90s). I don´t say you need this or that for a certain purpose cause i´ve read this or that. It just happened that a Dx7 didn´t worked for me as the bass i wanted at the time, or that plaits which i have right here, isn´t really my first choice for the bass/lead track. It´s not rumours, nor the universal to-do list, simple personal experience on how things turned to be for me.
All cool ;)

Thread: 2x 84

Plonk and rings do similar sounds, i would pick one first and other if i really loved it.
Plaits is great for dronning and ambient, maybe not for usual bass and lead works.
Batumi is a great modulation source, dunno if you still need stages, i would pick one and then see how much you need more modulation later. Maybe save the space for some Evenlope generator, like Intellijel dual ADSR, or someone who does envelopes and modulation like maths or Intellijel Quadra.
Maybe uZeus+Tiptop 1000ma would be enough for this system and save one power supply.
Unless you really need oscilloscope, maybe Pamela´s wourkout would save more space instead of mordax.

Also i would probably look into more tecnho oriented modules, like Intellijel atlantis(sh101 techno goodness), acidlab m303, or some more traditional stuff for bass?

Thanks guys. I think i will give a try to pams workout. The MU clones and O_C from Michigan synth works look lovely, but they don´t seem to be for sale in the common EU retailers i know.. I´ll keep and eye on those... i also thought of chronoblob , but as i have a few external delays, i will stay with clouds for now as my only in-box fx unit

Technically yes.. But you´d need some big decent big drill to pass your flying power bus through that hole. Also you´ll still need some stand to stack the cases if you want to put those one over the other... And, if you eventually wanna sell your 60hp´s, a drilled item should rest value... Would definitely think in a built in case here... similar cost, less effort. http://store.synthrotek.com/Eurorack_Enclosures

Used to have a monopoly.
For this i would mostly get a decent 4 note polyphonic Midi/CV. Vermona qMI 2 is great and super accurate (tested the built-in my perfourmer MKII) but a second hand Yarns or similar could do the 4 note chord job (yarns also have arpeggiator and portamento like monopoly, not mandatory since you can work it in the daw, but a plus).
I´d also get a few Hosa GMM-105 (or other stacking/mixing devices) to send the different trigg/VCO/ETC outputs to single inputs (VCA/ADSR/VCF,etc). Then similar routing with modulations sources and you´ll be pretty close in terms of functionality.
I was never in love with the monopoly filter.. i think that ajh will be more moogy and punchy, still get the doepfer or similar if you´re in for the closest sound possible.
As a plus, you can take a look to doepfer new polyphonic line and other QUAD modules if you want to save space, got more control on each voice, etc. The A-111-4 + quad VCA+quad adsr,etc, would save plenty of space there to fill with other modules (clock dividers/multipliers, modulator, etc), maybe you end up with something not so monopolish but with more interesting options...

Hi guys. By now i got all modules mounted except Pamela, disting and LxD. I´m not clear about the P.Workout... might get an 8hp ornament and crime instead... (advice on this?). Also frames and tides might leave the rack, as i got those in a cheap second hand ad (advice for replacement?) not really in my initial plan. Tides is so far my modulation source, and Frames my mixer, maybe parasites firmware could give them a new life, didn´t try yet, but i´m open to other things...
i´m happy with the others, but any suggestions would be more than welcome.
P.d. I know the pattern generator is wasting too much space there considering there´s many midi Sequencing options, but sometimes i just need some instant gratification in the melody line and i find it a good companion for now..

ModularGrid Rack