Thanks for the feedback! I was peripherally aware of the MScale. I've tuned by ear the few times I've wanted a harmonic relationship between the GM and Cursus Iteritas, but a precision bias could indeed be helpful down the road. In the meantime, you reminded me to check: there's a global setting to enable the GM to output 0v - +10v. Done.

Yeah, the EMW double adder seems like it'll have a good lifetime as a general utility, so I didn't feel bad about spending $66 on it.

Next steps that I'm considering:

• an inexpensive noise source (it's annoying to isolate the GM's noise source and use it elsewhere),
  • an envelope/modulation source. I thought a Low-pass Gate might be a good thing to trigger, but tonight I'm a little obsessed with the possibilities opened up by the Malekko AD/LFO,
  • Expert Sleepers Disting as a "sampler plate" of more exotic functions, and
  • an inexpensive sequencer as a general control/dynamic modulation source.

I'm trying not to overthink the sequencer. At first I thought the Korg SQ-1 would be fine, but then the Arturia Beatstep Pro looks so much more capable for the money.

Already arriving:

• patch cables. My patches are already limited by the number of physical connections I can make.

Dec 2018:

I'm just starting out in Eurorack. This supplements the semi-modular Moog Grandmother. I've quickly learned the limitations of such a setup, and those limitations have informed most of the modules here, which in turn are putting the Grandmother on a path towards being supplanted completely.

• Some Grandmother controls don't have encoders attached, so the Offset module helps with those. It also helps with Moog's -5v - +5v pitch offset.
  • The Grandmother's clock doesn't run unless there's an arpeggio or sequence currently running, so the Rebel Tech Clk was added.