Glad that worked! It's such a deep module that can do so much. I owned three DUSGs at one point before trimming down my rack.

It can! Simply engage one side to cycle (central switch between rise and fall attenuverters) and you get a cycling LFO/slope. The clock aspect can be used from the left side if you take the "Pulse" output. You can also clock things using the "End" output of either side, but that can tend to be a very narrow trigger. Depending on what you are clocking with that trigger, you could have missed or skipped beats. I had a hard time using the "End" output with a Doepfer clock divider, but never had an issue using the "Pulse" output.

As always, Lugia has the insight! Seriously, thanks for the comment. I didn't think about logic modules (obviously) and that will definitely be the next thing I dive into.

As for size, this is definitely something just for creative fun. I have 15U at 128 hp in my office, but I wanted this to have down in the living room as something to play with and distract me from the larger collection of modules. Totally get you though - to truly get into a generative patching scheme I'll need more space to allow more utilities.

As a side note, I haven't dug into the forums enough, but is there a collection of Lugia best tips? I mean it - you always have great suggestions and insight into the eurorack world, and if there is a compendium of your "best of" that could be helpful.

Thanks again!

Hey all,

Been playing at this modular game for a few years now, but I'm just a tinkerer. I started with a Pittsburgh Modular SV-1 and Keystep, and it's been downhill since. Do lots of DIY kits and modules to try to keep the price down, but this isn't a hobby to save money on!

I've been toying with the idea of minimal space/maximal usage, and I've built a small case to focus on that. Here is my current "portable case" to encourage me to focus on mastery of a few modules:

ModularGrid Rack

I own all these and quite enjoy playing this! I usually run the Ornament and Crime in Quantermain mode with the Turing Machine or Integer Sequencer modes to have some evolving melodies that play themselves. The Voltage Research Lab is ridiculously amazing and versatile, and I'm super happy to have that to give two oscillators, two function generators, two VCF/VCA/LPG, and an analogue delay. Both the Magneto and the Microcell do lots of great ambience inducing effects, and the multiDimension provides some great movement.

My question to you would be what sort of modifications would you make to the rack to extract more varied sound generation, or to extract more out of this limited space. Curious to see your thoughts!

Awesome, thanks so much for your insight! Yes, there are quite a number of great tutorials with Befaco modules. I'm seriously considering the muxlicer and the rampage kits. Got a few other tasks I'm working on ahead of that, but I'll be thinking on it!

And your clips of the jams are awesome! Such a great example of doing a lot of creative things with very few (but powerful) utilities.

This has been such an enjoyable thread to read! I've been into modular DIY for a few years now, but this is my first time posting - thanks for pulling me out of lurking!

Zuggamasta - the Zlob SVF filter is great! I built that this summer, and I have to say the resonance mods are insane. I had the jumpers to be at max resonance, and while I love squelching distorting filters, it was a bit much. That said, not having the max resonance jumper in yields a great filter that is still highly resonant. A great choice!

Overall, what are your opinions on the Befaco kits? I've build a number of Erica Synths DIY projects, Random*Source, and other random brands. I've heard the quality on Befaco is hit or miss, so I was hoping your opinion could lend some insight!