hello , here is my eurorack case for know, for the moment im thinking to sell braids to have more space, what do you change or what do you add in that little 4hp spaces? about the sequencer, will do with an akai force or in the future with other case, using a polyend seq and eurorack module.(love the polyend seq )
thanks in advance

alt text

That's not a bad idea, either...you could make use of those new 4ms powered Pods that came out recently. Very cost-effective...the only drawback being module depths, as they only have a 34 mm depth, meaning that anything above 30 mm is going to start getting really tight when you add the ribbons and so on into the mix.
-- Lugia

how about to change tempi anda rene for other modules and use an octatrack ( i have) for sequencer¿ I have too an analog 4
in that case ,what other module do you add with erbverb?

Ahhh...yes, this makes way more sense. MG has a weird glitch where you need to make sure your Screenshot view is loading the same way as your actual build before posting anything with the build page's link in it. Probably explains the Rene-laden atrocity that was up previously.

This build only has a couple of things I'd consider making changes to. For one thing, you might want to find a way to add another oscillator (Plaits might be a good match to the Braids) so that you can thicken up the single-oscillator sound with a bit of detuning, mixing waveforms, that sort of thing. The other is something the combo of the Zadar and QPAS open up, and for that you'd want a second Quad VCA. Here's what I have in mind...

Let's say you had the above combo of modules. Now, given that the QPAS has the stereo pairs of all of its outputs, with two Quad VCAs you would then have the ability to set up a patch in which a few (or all?) of the QPAS outputs go to individual VCA inputs, with one Quad VCA being a "left" and the other a "right", and then by various configurations of Zadar output patching, you could create Zadar settings that would allow the various VCAs to have differing envelopes, morphing across the QPAS response outputs to create sounds that can change in timbre and spatialization across time. Given that the intent of the build is for ambient work, that would fit right in with your plans, potentially creating patches that can evolve across time depending on the envelope rates programmed into the Zadar. You would have to lose something to get this and the Plaits in, though...hmmmmm...
ModularGrid Rack
OK...this. Note that some of the modules from your build are missing, most notably the Erbe-verb. I would actually suggest going with either an external FX unit for this (more flexibility) or using some of the Clouds' potential for reverberant-type effects. I also removed the Pam's and went with a Tempi due to the fact that the Rene has the ability to work directly with it for some additional Rene functionality. You'd not have that with the Pam's.

Other changes...removed the Bastl VCF (sort of redundant with the QPAS) and the PICO DSP (again, an external FX unit being preferable here). There are also no mults; in this case, having jammed the cab with as much function as possible, I opted for a build that requires inline mult "widgets" or stackcables. In smaller cabs where every hp needs to be pure functionality, those optimize space more than one might suspect.

Added: obviously, the Plaits and the second Quad VCA. I also dropped in a Doepfer A-184-1, which gives you a ring modulator, slew limiter, and extra sample & hold in 4 hp. The Plaits and Braids are set up to split the outputs to two channels each of the Doepfer A-138s, which allows you to set up a separate right and left mix for the QPAS's stereo ins. I also added a 2hp MIDI module to allow very basic MIDI control, but more importantly, it also adds clock lockup to MIDI so that your Tempi/Rene combo can run in sync with external MIDI processes. I also put in a PICO OUT, which gives you a stereo output stepdown via a 3.5mm TRS jack, plus a headphone amp. Last added bit, since I had 1 hp left over, was a Konstant Labs power check module...the very best way to use a 1 hp space, I think.

This seems more "instrument-like", ultimately. The functionality is a bit dedicated, but within that there's a lot of leeway for sonic complexity.
-- Lugia

thanks! noted!. will try to fit the erbverb because is one of the modules i received for free so... you know.. maybe i can make another little case only with 2 or 3 fx modules....
thanks again for all the info!

The above build with all of the Renes doesn't strike me as a very well-considered idea. I see no VCAs, for starters, and a lot of the other necessary items are totally missing.

If you want this many sequencers, you either need a MUCH bigger cab, or you should just chuck the idea of using sequencers in the synth altogether and get something that's a dedicated sequencer device, such as a KOMA Komplex. Occupying this much room with Renes...especially with what's NOT here...seems like a recipe for an expensive and unusable disaster.
-- Lugia

sorry, there is a glitch with that image, dunno why all of the Renes... didnt notice too that when i make some changes,the pic changes... anyway,
here is the last testing of my module :

alt text

I’m assuming that he modules remaining constant are the ones you have?

Adding Rene and Batumi is great, but you need a clock for Rene to work (Tempi or Pamela’s New Workout would do). A filter is great, but look also at QPAS or a state variable filter. You’ll also need an envelope module (Malekko Quad Envelope or XAOC Zadar) and at least one power module. Consider an Intellijel 7U case with Intellijel 1U modules, as you’ll want an audio I/O and some attenuverters.
-- liquid_air

maths can be the clock of Rene?

thanks! im going to use my idea of the new setup in that software,maybe it Works.
My idea to complete the stuff i posted is something like this...

alt text

hi there! im gonna start this adventure and have some modules i received for free, so i would like some advices to complete it.

Will make ambient stuff, and here is what i have for know.
Maybe i need to add MATHS? people says that is a must, but for the moment i dont know anything about it.
Maybe elements?
Any mixer or vca?

let me know please! thanks a lot.

alt text