Ah, support said, PPQN x8 multiplier will be back in the next firmware update... nice... :)

So, they removed the PPQN x08 setting from the clock menu.
It jumps from x4 to x16 with nothing in between.
My entire Live setup relies on Hermod clocking Pamela. And Hermod's clock can only output 1/32, 1/16, 1/8 and so on.
Meaning I had to swith from a 1/32 (wich requires the x8 on the receiving end)
to a much slower 1/16 clock on hermod with a PPQN x04 on pamelas PRO workoout.

But oh boy does that not work. Pamela takes a beat or two to even start and then it does so on some random 16th note. Never on the actual downbeat. And tempo is constantly drifting a few BPM.

Just for shits and giggles, I connected both pamelas to the same clock/reset signals.
Pams New Workout is stable. very much so.
Pams PRO Workout doesn't seem to know what a clock is.

How come?
Has anyone else got the sync problems with pams PRO Workout?
Anyone knows of a good a Pams PRO Workaround or something? damn....

Ok, I got myself one. It has two connectors… one labelled „expand“ and the other one „midi-ex“ i guess thats gonna be the name of pamelas new midi expander…
It’s 5 pins an the colour scheme on the cable is identical to the colour scheme on pexp1‘s cable. I am tempted to try hooking pexp1 up to pams pro! 🤣

Oh wow, I just found the little side note about Pro Workout NOT being compatible with the PEXP1. damn.
Is it just a different connector, and could be somehow connected with a little bit of hacking and knowing the exact pin outs? or is it a completely different thing?

Also, are we limited to one expander at a time? Like axon-1 only?