Fair enough. The reason I ask is because you will see many of the people who have been doing this a long time recommend against building an 808 or 909 in a rack due to both cost and workflow. This is good advice. When it comes to performing techno, it's really hard to argue against an external X0X sequencer. In my opinion it's the best option. Everything is already hardwired but still tweakable, and you can still integrate it with your rack via the clock, triggers, and individual outs.
I have taken this hybrid approach myself. I use a combination of the Behringer RD8 (the only Behringer piece I own, but I love it) and some Eurorack drums and multiple Euro sequencers. I initially tried to do what you are planning but found that the performance workflow was severely limited. Building around an external drum machine really encouraged a hands-on approach. There are a few mind-blowing YouTube videos of Jeff Mills performing techno on an old TR909. Check them out. Some people like Elektron drum machines but I never gelled with their ergonomics. You won't have CV control over every parameter of the 909 sounds, but you can add things like Basimilus and WMD drum modules (or oscillators and LPGs) to your rack as a supplement so you have control over other drum sounds.
If you are just getting started building this, allow yourself some room to change direction with your build. You may find that what you think you would enjoy workflow-wise is really awful. Take your time and only add a module or two at a time.
-- farkas

I really appreciate the advice and it's definitely something to keep in mind. I do plan on only adding a couple modules at a time as I don't have thousands of dollars to spend at a moments notice, and the drums/sequencer were (maybe are) definitely going to be bought last in case I change my mind. Thank you!

Fair enough. The reason I ask is because you will see many of the people who have been doing this a long time recommend against building an 808 or 909 in a rack due to both cost and workflow. This is good advice. When it comes to performing techno, it's really hard to argue against an external X0X sequencer. In my opinion it's the best option. Everything is already hardwired but still tweakable, and you can still integrate it with your rack via the clock, triggers, and individual outs.
I have taken this hybrid approach myself. I use a combination of the Behringer RD8 (the only Behringer piece I own, but I love it) and some Eurorack drums and multiple Euro sequencers. I initially tried to do what you are planning but found that the performance workflow was severely limited. Building around an external drum machine really encouraged a hands-on approach. There are a few mind-blowing YouTube videos of Jeff Mills performing techno on an old TR909. Check them out. Some people like Elektron drum machines but I never gelled with their ergonomics. You won't have CV control over every parameter of the 909 sounds, but you can add things like Basimilus and WMD drum modules (or oscillators and LPGs) to your rack as a supplement so you have control over other drum sounds.
If you are just getting started building this, allow yourself some room to change direction with your build. You may find that what you think you would enjoy workflow-wise is really awful. Take your time and only add a module or two at a time.
-- farkas

I really appreciate the advice and it's definitely something to keep in mind. I do plan on only adding a couple modules at a time as I don't have thousands of dollars to spend at a moments notice, and the drums/sequencer were (maybe are) definitely going to be bought last in case I change my mind. Thank you!

Okay, here's a serious question: Why not just get a Behringer RD9 and save yourself a LOT of money? You would have all of your 909 sounds, the X0X sequencer and three trigger outs to trigger the Basimilus, envelopes, etc. all for about $400.
Is there a reason you want to do this all in the rack?
-- farkas
Quite a few reasons. I like having control over every parameter, and I like a lot of the experimental patches only modular could create. I also like the ability of swapping things in and out whenever I choose and having a completely different system. The final and less important reason is desk space. I would ending up having the same amount of space being taken up by the modular system, but also the RD9 and it would simply get too cluttered and potentially ruin my workflow.

Hi AndyGuelcher. You mention that you would like this to be a "performance" system. How do you envision performing with the modules you have selected so far? The WMD mixer and Voltage Block will probably give you some hands-on tweaking, but you may want to look into some extra utilities like switches (Acid Rain Switchblade is a fun one), an OR logic module like the Low Gain Short Bus so that you can combine triggers to tweak and combine beats on the fly, some of the SoundMachines touch plates (or the Make Noise Pressure Points), and my favorite: Future Sound Systems Makrow.
If you are really interested in creating a performance oriented system, you will probably want as many interactive and hands-on modules as possible. That is kind of how I have developed my own techno performance rack.
Also, the Javelin is really cool but I think you will find a need for a lot more envelopes and/or LFOs. I would get rid of the 2hp modules and Javelin to add something like a Quadrax or Noise Engineering Pons Asinorum. The Plasma Drive is taking up an awful lot of space too. Maybe consider the Erica Drum Mixer (with integrated compressor) and one of the Noise Engineering 4hp distortion modules. In my view, that would be a better use of space. This is still a fairly small system, and you will need to maximize every single hp.
Hope that gives you some ideas to consider.
Have fun and good luck!
-- farkas

I really like these ideas. I do own an extra 84HP Tip Top case and could easily move any modules that I cannot fit in this system there. I also found out my Arturia case is actually 88HP instead of 84. I did some re-arranging and incorporated your ideas into the system and came up with this:
ModularGrid Rack
I like this a whole lot. That makrow module also looks especially useful and will absolutely be incorporated into the system no matter what. Ultimately the goal for this system is to make recordings and sets I can put up on soundcloud or wherever, and the extra tactile modules are a great idea. Thank you.

ModularGrid Rack

I own about 1/3 of these modules already, those being the SV-1, Wasp Filter, Braids, Voltage Block, CVpal, and the Disting. The goal is for this system to revolve around techno, but also be fairly versatile and capable of other things as well. Any critiques or suggestions from anyone more experienced than I might be?