Haha yes I was trying to cram in all the bare essentials, much to my own detriment in terms of space for future modules/upgrades. I checked out the FH-2, seems perfect for my needs as I use scala a lot! Plus you're right, having the 1U intellijel format is a idea so ill go for the 4U x 104 hp cab. Thanks for all the help!

Just looking for a small eurorack modular to hook up with my microbrute as well as my beatstep. I Chose the yards module for its ability to use alternative tunings, translating the beatstep's midi notes to new (user) tuned CV. I have a fairly good grasp on synthesis but have never actually built a modular. Should I just buy a proper semi-modular (as opposed to the lacking microbrute matrix) or just get my feet wet with this basic set-up? Thats if I a have done it correctly? As microtonality and retuning is important to me could I just buy the yards module and possibly maybe a mother-32 (instead of plaits + VCA's, filters, lfo etc.) to get the same functionality and for a lesser price?
Thanks

Basic Modular