Thread: 7u planned

Thanks for so much detail and suggestions! I thought and made some changes to the plan. Zadar looks amazing for ambient/drone/generative/noise which is the aim of this rack.

quadra is sufficient for regular envelopes when paired with zadar, rather than quadrax
contour is gone - can use ASR from quadra
maths is gone - big call, but quadratt does cv generation/attenuversion, pnw does lfos, plog covers the logic, quadra & zadar do envelopes, not too much missing?
added zeroscope to help me figure out what the hell is going on with my signals, and to tune oscillators (any midi sequences will be coming in from an octatrack). Once I’m more experienced this could be replaced.
buffered mult is now 3u, that’s a great call!

this leaves a nice 36hp at the bottom for synchrodyne+expand in the future - it would be a while before I can afford that anyway, and buying more modulation and EG first will get me more out of what I have already, just as you said.
Logic I will need to look into in much more detail including the u4r. For now I can get a random stepped voltage out of Pam’s and a bunch of triggers from plog.

This also leaves me with some kind of structure L-R of (midi/triggers/gates)-envelopes-oscillators-vcas/filters, which feels better thought out and tidier than before:
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1144817.jpg

Thanks Lugia for taking the time to comment! I don't have the synchro/cyclebox + expanders, or plog yet so there is space to spare and balance with some modulation sources. I thought Pam's was a good start for this but I will look into the EGs, you are right. There is a small 1u VCA in the top row but I had also thought of an Intellijel Linix, then that space could be used for another line out module giving 4 outs from the 7u case.
Do you have any thoughts on logic?

It would be great to get any comments on this!
I have other boxes for "regular" production so I see this rack as more for experimentation. Sequences and external clock if used will come from Octatrack. So far I have the MN row, Benjolin and Plague Bearer. My choice of wanted modules is probably more idealogical than practical. I wonder if there are too many sound sources and not enough processing power. Still I can also send in other cv from the Octa via 1u MIDI. I'll look for the Pam's next, then probably the synchrodyne or cycle box with their expanders. It will be a while before I can finish the rack!