Thread: New try

Thanks again for helping me!
I now realise that ”generative music” is a much more complicated issue than I thought. So I will not use that term anymore when I discuss my racks.
By the way, your explanation of ”generative” is the best I have read and I now think I understand it a little bit better.
I also realise that a fully generative rack for the moment is a bit to expensive for me. So I start slowly and try to maybe achieve the first two orders of control.
Is there any racks at Modulagrid that is tailor made for generative experimentation?
The tuner is intended for tuning some vco:s to chords and I thougt it would be handy to have it in the rack. But I have a couple of chromatic guitar tuners I can use instead.

I think I could use A-135-2 Quad VCA / VC Mixer for mixing. The Swamp and Maths is intended for random cv with maybe a litte help from the Turing machine TM. Even the sequencer in Minibrute 2s can produce random cv.
My Minibrute 2s has three LFOs and two separate step sequencer tracks that I guessed was a good start. I even intend to use the Minibrutes VCF, but two filters are maybe not enough?

After several (criticized) attempt to build a rack for ambient and generative patches I make a new try. . .
My base is a Minibrute 2s with a 6U Rackbrute. I even have a Moog Werkstatt where I use the vcf and vco with good results.
Really nice if I could have some comments.
ModularGrid Rack

Thread: Tuner

Here is a cheap tuner module:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/l-1-digital-tuner

Thread: Reverb

Thanks for your opinion about 2HP that seems to be plausible.
I will buy Disting but as I will use reverb most of the time I think I need a dedicated module that just reverb.
Lugias tips about Purrvrrb seems so far to be the best solution for me.

Thread: Chords

Thank you very much for all the good advices that I have received from you. I really understand that it is best to first have a musical goal and then examine what tools are needed to achieve this.
But unfortunately I am not a particularly musical person. But I love to create and experiment with sounds. My way of working is to find some sound, riff, rhythm or harmony and then start with that to create something. So I don't begin with any musical idea. Instead, it is the properties of the modules that give me my ideas. So I don't think it's so important for me to find the "perfect" module.

Thread: Chords

I would like to have a chord module for my rack. I know there are two types: One that usually gives four cv otputs from one cv input like Harmonaig or Flames Chord Machine 2 and the other type with internal oscillators/voices like QU-Bit Chord v2.
I would appreciate some advices how to think before I make my choice about what type and what module I shall consider.
I have no specific plan how to use the module but I know I want CHORDS!

Thanks!
Seems to be a perfect choice for me!
But I have not found a seller yet. No hit at Schneidersladen but I keep on searching.

I need a cheap non-spring reverb module.
Thinking of 2HP Verb or Erica Synths Pico DSP.
It does not have to be stereo.
Other suggestions?

Thanks again. You have been very helpful and now I have a much better idea what to do. First examine the Minibrute and then buy modules one-at-a-time and learn them before next buy.
Several of the modules you recomended are new for me and they looks very interesting.

Thanks. Now I think I understand more and more. My goal is a system suited for ambient/generative music and I guess it can be hard to fix that with only a few modules. But I have to start slowly as you recomended in your previous post. Maybe I have to learn the Minibrute in depht before I even start building the rack?

Thanks for your advice that seems to be very helpful.
I have spent some time with Patch&Tweak but there is a lot I do not really understand.
Tomorrow I go to Berlin and Superbooth for inspiration :-)
Hope to get some ideas.
What would be your advice for my Minibrute 2s rack if you only can chose 4 or 5 modules to start with?

ModularGrid Rack
Now I have made some modifications on my Generative/Ambient rack.
I really want chords (Harmonaig) so I have added two VCO to Minibrutes two.
Hope that Maths and A-148 gives the randomnes.

Thank you very much for taking your time helping me.
I will carefully evaluate your suggestions.
I thought that the Minibrute 2s provided both modulation sources and some kind of randomnes to start with.
The idea with Disting is to test all the different algoritms and than decide what kind of dedicated modules I need.

I’m new to modular and planning my first Eurorack. My goal is a system suited for ambient/generative music. I have watched the Youtube videos and read the exellent book Patch&Tweak but I need advices.
My base is an Arturia Minibrute 2S that I will extend with a Eurorack.
What I plan is this rack:
ModularGrid Rack
Now I need to know if this can be a good beginning.
What modules can I skip and what others do I need?
I would be very grateful for some help.
Kind regards,
Jan Melin