If possible, replace all of the Mutable and Mutable clones with smaller versions. This will open up some rack space and perhaps you can have BOTH options for both concerns.

-- Ronin1973

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don’t like micro mutable clones, I don’t feel confortable with tiny knobs, I like to have an easy acces on those modules’ controls

Eurorack is a bottomless pit when it comes to money. You're going to start itching. :)
-- Ronin1973

It started already ;)
So I made modifications with your suggestions.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_959666.jpg

I still have space and I hesitate between:
- zadar and disting 4
Or
- ripples and ears

The two will expand my possibilities in different ways.
I also have a minibrute and a nyx for additionnal vcos and mudolators. I have a mixing table with 4 stereo outputs and 6 mono output for the audio outs from delay, clouds, nebulae, nyx and minibtrute.

The Doepfer Wasp Filter has a knob to balance between lowpass and high pass. It even has a bandpass.

haha you got it! I will at least try to not go into this money hole my first couple years. And after that I will reconsider my options and may sell my house to fall in the modular madness ;-)

I want to keep 2x84 because in the beginning I wanted a 1x60 hp, then moved to 1x104, then 2x68, and now 2x84hp. If I don’t stop at some point it will never end, and I will end up with a 12U 104HP taking half of my music room ;)
Besides that, I would like something I can bring with me if I go on weekends or vacations.

I like varigate because I can create little sequences fast, and with the glide fonction I guess I can use it for cv modulation as well, am I wrong?
Don’t find some hikari triple AD in europe, what do you think about xaoc zadar? It has a screen, that’s downside but it is a quad env generator for only 10hp.. Same as Lugia, I don’t really want micro modules, I don’t like littles knobs at all, so I have to make compromise.
that’s where I am, is it better?
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_944316.jpg

I followed Lugia’s advice for the quad vca, and I would like to incorpore 0_c as Ronin suggested (or triple sloths? Never heard of it). And then I’ll consider ditching the varigate to get a pamela’s if I can get more out of it (or am I wrong and should I get pam’s first instead of o_c?)

Thank you very much for your help

Thank you Ronin for the advice. I should mention that I have a semi-modular dreadbox Nyx, it has an oscillator and three modulators I can use.
The cvpal is only here if I need to layer synths from my DAW projects. Not to use in my everyday eurorack ambient set.
I don’t actually need time stretching sampler you are right I can do that in ableton, but I love granular so it is just a pleasure. And I want to avoid screens in my system, so bitbox won’t fit, but thank you for the suggestion it could have been a good alternative!

What do you suggest to add more subtle changes over time? A second batumi?
And to restart lfo and enveloppes, something like a varigate 4+ could help in your opinion?

EDIT: Or instead of a second batumi, maybe an ornement & crime, a Xaoc Zadar, or a Disting mk4 would be a good complement (even if they have screens I wanted to avoid) ?
I plan to add a Triple d by hikari as well, based on Lugia’s advice.

Would it be a good improvement to my system, on a 2x84hp ?

Thank you for the help Lugia!
Actually I have a clouds clone, but only found the real one on modulargrid, that’s why he is in my rack.
Ok that confort my thoughts about the number of VCAs. I like the 2hp because it allows me to have 6 VCAs for 6hp.
Crossfold seems nice! Thanks for the suggestion, it needs lots of mA compared to other distortion modules but the crossfold possibilities can be a good thing.
I think I will also follow your advice about the Triple D. Did it release this year? Don’t find much about it.

I will upgrade to 2x84hp because I want to add a nebulae V2 in my set. I love the sample stretch, I use this technique a lot, like always, in ableton, so want to try a modular version of granular manipulation. I am a bit afraid, wonder if possibilities are limited compared to software plugins. don’t really know what to expect and the man I buy it from told me he sells it because it is too complicated to use with the softwares and sample management... so I am anxious about that too. Do you have an experience with the nebulae 2?

I will add a stereo mixer as well, to mix samples from nebulae with rings and plaits going thru delay and clouds.

Hi, I am building my first rack, and I need advice because I don’t think I can predict my needs. I don’t know if 6 VCAs is too much for my little system, maybe 4 is enough. I have no adsr, don’t know if I want one.
I don’t find any optodist to sell, so I need distortion/saturation/limiter module suggestions.
I have 16Hp left to fill.

Thank you

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_944316.jpg