Thanks a lot :), thanks for listening and your kind words! Hopefully more to come, but got so little time for my synths...

All the Best,
jingo

:), Thanks for listening, glad you like it!

Best,
jingo

Glad you enjoyed it :),
Best,
jingo

endless ambient style 64 steps… (a4,rytm,octa,h90)

enjoy :)

on SC

on YT

You are missing some VCAs, thats my first impression...

Nice. Cant wait :)

Hey,

that nautilus device sounds really interesting. Like to grab one if I had the €€€ ;)... Great stuff, had fun listening!

Best,
jingo

Thread: Some Ambient

Hi TumeniKnobs,

thank You for your kind words. The Starlab is the most appelling reverb I had so far. Its very lush and I hope to get some more ambient stuff out of it :)...

Best,
jingo

Thread: Some Ambient

Heyas,
long time since I posted here. Well, I hope you are all well and healthy.
Anyway, after having not played my modular for maybe a year or even longer (cant remember) I finally found some time to play again...

So here my first attempt to play some ambient on ACL VCO/VCF, StarLab, sequenced by Marbles, modulations by IM Kermit MK3...

Have a nice sunday :),
Best,
jingo

Thanks a lot for all your comments :)!

And yes, XAOC becomes a 2nd ES to me. They just deliver! :)

Hey Garfield,

nice jam :). Happy that you like the Vector. Still loving mine, its just the best one can get :)

BR,
jingo

Heyaz :),

hope you are all well. Here an there the GAS hits me and I bought a new module -> XAOC Sarajevo. Its an analog BBD and wow, it really sounds nice. I made a small sequence which repeats its self a thousand or more times and just played the Sarajevo which went into a Desmodus Versio (reverb).

This piece is full of subtle changes and I just pressed record somewhere in between and let it run:

today I made a second iteration...

hf
and stay healthy :)
jingo

Well played,

nice ambient track, spacetime :)

Best,
jingo

thanks all, for being such nice people :)!

I do pray that we all come good through these odd and crazy times, healthy, and in peace!

Best, all the Best,
jingo

This feels like an empty world after a nuclear war! Brilliant track and lovely depressing atmosphere!

Best,
jingo

Thanks Garfield,

I am building some eurorack modules (nlc) and hope to have time to wiggle them...

And thanks again for your kind words which I always appreciate! :)

Best,
jingo

Heyho fellows,

as my time for modular is sparse these days and especially my family needs attention I nevertheless turned some knobs today, the rest was done by the fantastic stochastic inspiration generator :)...

hf
Best,
jingo

:), nice and calm!

Lovely

Thanks a lot :)

@Garfield: it's a filter resonance sweep into lots of reverb :)...

Best,
jingo

Superb! Love it! :)

Hope to hear more of this relaxed music of yours!
Best,
jingo

Nice one @jingo, thanks for sharing, and hoping we all keep the calm going 🧘
-- troux

Hey @troux,
thanks a lot :) and have a nice Sunday!

Best,
jingo

Hello again :),

today I silently went to my modular and turned some knobs... I think this time I will pursue my ambient tries further... Normally all my ambient tries end in some squelchy acid desaster ;)...
Maybe I getting calmer now...

Best,
jingo

Thread: Happy Easter

@Exposure
:), thanks for your kind words!

nice generative ambient tones! I like it :), would also love to hear more of your ambient stuff...

@the-erc thanks a lot :)=

Sure, nothing to hide! :)

Hey @GarfieldModular, @troux

Thanks for your kind words :)! I wish I had more time to visit here more often, listen to the community music and wiggle my modular also.

Anyway, to answer your questions.
I made the kick drum with erica synths analog bassdrum module (which is part of the techno system).

The pings and sci-fi like sounds are from the din sync sara vcf. I fed it with the acl multifunction discret vco through the elephant rabid natural gate ending in the desmodus versio. Some gentle sweeps on the resonance and there you go :).

Best and stay tuned,
jingo

@wishbonebrewery thanks a lot :)

Hey fellow wigglers :),

Happy Easter. I hope you all are doing well. It´s been some time since I wiggled my modular. In these dark time which sorround us I got nearly no spare time to turn knobs and so on. So I used this really day off to sneak away to my modules.

This piece of sounds/music somehow shows how I feel: dark with some sparks of hope here and there.

Here we go, stay healthy, try to stay happy!

@Garfield @Exposure

I really appreciate all the positive Feedback! I hope 2021 will be a good year for us all, remove the plague and enlighten us with wonderful tracks :)!

Stay healthy!
Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

thanks a lot :)! I am trying to get more and more into the calm waters of sounds and music.

For the patch notes:
phmk3 sequenced by vector quantized with sinfonion. The vector does a small 8 step pattern and jumps around direction modulated by a triple sloth. The phmk3 goes into mir vca with an envelope from an erica synths eg. Then into a happy nerding mmf filter, then into desmodus versio reverb.
The phmk3 wavetable selectors are a little bit modulated by the really slow inertia output of the sloth.

In short, soundwise: you hear the phmk3 with an vca/enevelope and a low pass filter as well as some reverb, that's all :).

Best,
jingo

Hey @toodee,

thanks for your comment. Even with the factory vegetables (lol, wavetables ;)) the phmk3 is a fantastic module!
It's versatile and has broad spectrum of sound, nearly like no other wt-vco....

Best,
jingo

Hey thanks sac!

I dont want to disappoint you, but I dont do videos for the time being. Maybe I change my mind on this someday...
The Hertz is really nice compared to other WT-synths I used, can recommend to buy one if there is one available. I was lucky to get one used...

best,
jingo

hello folks,

i jammed a bit with the piston honda... does it do some ambient/trance-like sounds?
judge for yourself :):

Heyas,

thanks a lot for the postive feedback, I really wish that I will have more time this year for some exploration of the endless journeys our "obsession" has to offer :)!

Also curious to listen to your latest stuff!!

Best,
jingo

thanks @troux, just started listening :)

Glad you like it :) @Exposure.

I hope to create some more in the time to come and will be happy to share :)!!

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

thanks for your kind words! I also whish a good start for 2021 :)!

I hope I can do some more tracks this year...

Happy wiggling,
Best,
jingo

the triple sloth sequences the arbhar and is quantized by the sinfonion, the triple sloth is also patched to nearly every cv in the arbhar has. The arbhar itself uses one of its buffers which has a voice from the piston honda sampled. I take the output directly from an erica synths mixer (where the arbhar is patched to) into my allen&heath qu-pac, there is nothing else involved (in the recording), I go totally dawless... I hope I could explain it a bit :)...

Happy New YeaR :)),

best,
jingo

ps: please tell me how you like it...

Hey,

I couldn't do anything new yet and my time for music is near 0.

So, if you like I would contribute this:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/zZsvC

Best
jingo

I feel sadness, empty space(s), loneliness, I imagine a lost soul, maybe a last survivor of an insterstellar war/conflict, drifting through time & space in a "badly wounded" spaceship with no hope to ever come to any destination!

Thats the kind of ambient track I always want to make but I fail every attempt I make...

Let us hear more of this!
Best,
jingo

Heya,

nope, wasn't me, my nick across forums is usually jingo and also on muffs.

I once eyeballed the Deluge, but didn't pull the trigger. So I have no experience on that one.

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

there seems to be a new and maybe interesting thread on muffs, have a look:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=238848

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

I really like es drum sequencer, its simple x0x0 sequencing with some bells&whistles.

Regarding the vector: you can use the 8 triggers for drum sequencing because those are "clock-like" triggers, but I use them mainly to clock other modules. So I understand your concern.

I dont have any experience with the metron, but you can find the manual here https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0977/3366/files/MetronVoltera_BookSpreads.pdf?373. I had a quick look into the manual and maybe it can run randomly, but I dont know whether there are other modes (does not seem so).

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

I cant comment on those chord and drum parts because I did not use them yet. For drums I got the techno system with its excellent drum sequencer and for chords I use the sinfonion. The subsequencers are really dope and lift the movement to another level! They are an excellent feature because they can change your sequence in many ways. There are to mod inputs which take this concept further. You can modulate several parameters of your sequence from outside which can lead to many interesting results!

I know, its a difficult decision. Maybe its worth the wait for you, wait for endorphin.es or for erica synths...

Best,
jingo

Yo Garfield,

i can only confirm that you can save as much projects as your SD card can hold (there is already a SD card included and I think you wont be able to fill it up with songs...).

I can't tell, what's the maximum number of steps per project, but I assume that your calculations are right, especially with 384 steps per sequence.
I think that's a lot since you can arrange your sequences in presets and presets in scenes. Inside these sequences can also be arranged as playlists. Have a look into the manual on page 15.

Hope this helps :),
Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

put all blame on me if it helps ;)... But I hope you can keep your wife and your house! :)

There is no deep menu diving on the vector. Most buttons have double or triple function, like gate/step length/step repeat or pitch/glide or chance type/chance amount/chance bar. Also some configuration like globals has some menus not deep but scroll with left poti or prev/next button. There are also some button combos but these are very good labeled and the manual covers it all. Also patch notes describe very good what new combinations are possible. Jim has a also a good talent to keep the vector usable while maintaining and adding functions.

I am a very happy owner and I had a long journey and for me it's safe to say: I found it, I found "my" sequencer...

And you can sell it anyways if it does not suit you. It seems to be very stable in value. I saw some used with expander for like 100 bucks less than original price and they have been sold...

Hmmm, still not an easy decision, I know. But as I recommended, take your time to watch loopops video and there are also some more on yt...

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,

I can confirm that it can run other than forward.
But you can also read it in the manual on page 4, sequence controls:
DIR: Direction: Forwards, backwards, alternate with or without repeating
the ends, or run randomly.

You can't do anything wrong with this sequencer ;)... Except become broke when buying it.

Best,
jingo

Hey Garfield,
please have a look at those links below, loopop´s video and the manual can help to make a decision :)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/five12-vector-sequencer

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/five12-jack-expander

https://loopopmusic.com/five12-vector-eurorack-sequencer-review-and-in-depth-tutorial

http://45.56.118.96/VectorUserGuideV1.4.pdf

Best,
jingo