Thanks for the reply! I wish I’d have found this site before I splurged on everything. To be honest, I’d meant to start by making a minimal investment, building the system over time. They’re just so damn beautiful. I got in way deeper than I’d planned. “Just... one... more... purchase.” “I can stop whenever I want!” Anyhoo. I failed to consider the cost of real estate on the case. It seems so obvious now. There is so much to learn. I do appreciate the help though. Thanks again for taking the time! I’m rereading everyone’s posts this morning.

• superchrissie!

Awesomeness! Thank you! I'll start checking out sample and hold modules and Euclidean rhythms. Also, I've checked out your rack. All I see is a bunch of stuff I want for some reason... but don't know why. I'm guessing that's not uncommon. Thus begins my journey into the world of modular synthesis -- and total broke-ness. Thanks again.

You are awesome! Thank you!

Hello amazing humans who are no doubt lightyears ahead of me in the world of modular synthesis. Here, I submit my first Eurorack for your consideration. I hope to learn if I've missed anything spectacularly necessary or overlooked something glaringly obvious in the setup. I'm also eager to learn which modules you might recommend as a natural next step. Your advice, suggestions, guidance (even disapproval) would be endlessly helpful and very welcome. Regarding the intended use... I've lived in the word of sampled orchestral libraries and fully loaded synths for years. I compose orchestral pieces with electronic flourishes. Stylistically, I trend toward overly romantic string passages mixed with somewhat dark electronic elements. For example, I love the deep space romanticism of a morse code S-O-S repeating off into a whirling expanse, thick electronic FWWWWAPs to anchor strings and regimented bleeps and beeps that sound as if they've come from the real-time operation of a spaceship. My interest in modular is both sculpting new less common, less familiar sounds, creating drones that I can use as a layer mixed into my current work, as well as feeding in some raw audio in order to twist it out of all recognition. Anyhoo. That's me. This is what I have so far and I'm excited to snatch up some of your wisdom!