Will get that fixed @JimHowell1970. @Quantum_Eraser I checked my email and I never got a WeTransfer from you. If you can send one over to the email I sent you here we can slot it in.
-- troux

Thats strange. Anyway. I've sent you a Private Message with the Download URL for the File.

hmm my Track is missing

Just wow. Won't imagine how much work this takes.

Very impressive.

That famous Break at 4:00 (always see the Car Scene in Waynes World on my inner Eye) puts a smile on my Face.

I also would like to participate !! Totally missed that last year.

You're showing off a patch, but if I can't figure out what's going on because of all of the superfluous patch cords and stuff laying around, then that's likely to be a problem to someone with ZERO experience with these instruments.

I watched the Video and I didn't except it to be a Patch Breakdown Video. It's a Video to show what you can do with a small system and a Looper. And the Video shows me exactly that.

And what kind of argument is that someone with Zero Experience would have a Problem following what's going on with the Patch?
Does every Eurorack Video on YT needs to be suited for absolute Beginners?

And by now we all know that you don't like small systems.

I really can't se the Point for your rant

Great Work. I had a big smile on my Face when listening.

How long did you work on this?

^@farkas
really good comment above! I also don't want to sit at my pc to make music. Very good point that VCV rack means doing that very thing lol I just wanted to mention VCV rack because it basically was my teacher, and after that experience, I feel like I earned my way into Euro rack. I started off as a simple guitar player, so, its be a LONG adventure. It takes time for a "normal" musician to grow tired of using a computer. Most go the path of the DAW.

@thelowerrhythm At this point, I choose my simple rack over VCV any day.
-- Shadowsaun

Same here. I just don't want to use a DAW because it is not fun for me using a Computer when making Music.
There's nothing wrong about not using a DAW

@Lugia

"people blathering on about the virtues of "DAWless" work"

I really don't get your point here. Why you call it blathering? Just because you did this back to 1979?

Deckard, is that you?

Getting some Blade Runner Feelings there. Very nice Track!

Thread: Plans

Why don't you take the Neutron out of the Case to make Room for more Modules?

I record all my Stuff with the 4ms WAV Recorder. Works perfect.

Very calm and relaxing. Love the Samples and the clicky Beats!

LoFi Piano Loop with Dictaphone, Morphagene and Desmodus Versio

Hope you like it.

Thats great. Lovely sparkling Sounds!

And, yeah I know that too when recording. I also get in this flow every time. I never look at a clock when recording, but usually I always end up at around 9 Minutes :-)

I know what you mean about the screen on Pams - it's difficult to see in any light!

-- JimHowell1970

That PNW Display is really hard to read. Especially because its red.

I'm not sure but I think that I've read somewhere that this is only a red foliage. The Display should be the same as the one in the System Coupe.

sound terrifying and awesome!
-- Lugia

Haha, don't play this when your Kids are near. They never sleep again.

That's sound really scary

Haha that's nice. Like a Modular DJ :-)

why would you not want maths? - a wonderful modulation source, in a rack of mainly granular and effects - I'd still want modulation sources and utilities no matter what I was doing with my rack
-- JimHowell1970

Agreed. There seems to be little point in tossing out one of the most versatile modulation sources ever made.

It's not the gear. Those who pin their musical failings on their gear are lying to themselves, as are those who think that having some "magic device" will be the express lane to SYNTHGODHOOD. All of that is 100% utter bunk. The fact is, if you're blaming some hardware issue for holding your work back, you only need to go and look in the mirror to see the REAL source of the problem!

-- Lugia

Made my Rack Public. It's bit of a mess right now. I already took out the Modules I want to sell.

About the Gear and the Magical Device. I am definitely not looking for that. Why chasing some Unicorn that doesn't exist? :-)

Or maybe I didn't unterstand your point. My English isn't that good ;-)

About Dawless. I just don't want to work with my Laptop when i make Music. I have an Office Job. And the whole Day i'm sitting in Front of a PC.

So, after getting my First Eurorack Rack Build in late 2019 and buying a lot of stuff (GAS hit me hard) I came to a Point
where I have to rethink. No I'm not quitting Eurorack :-)

I bought a lot of Stuff for traditional Synthesis. But over Time I realized that I am
constantly moving away from "Traditional" Synthesis to the World of Sound Manipulation, Granular Sampling and
Looping.

I already sold some Modules and some others will follow (looking at you Maths) So my Goal is to have a Rack to create my Samples to mangle with my Granular and Effects Stuff like Panharmonium and Data Bender. I love Reverbs, Delays, Distortion, Slowing things down and wash them out...

What I really was (I know it's dumb) obsessed with is to do everything in the Rack. I still don't want
use a DAW ever in my Music. So I broke with this an ordered the MN Strega. Hope it will arrive soon. It will be fun
to run Stuff into it. Why limit myself to this stupid Idea of everything having to be in the Rack? ;-)

About Granular Synthesis (my big Love). I have Morphagene, NebulaeV2, Arbhar, Clouds and Beads. TBH if I had to let go one today them it would be Beads. I still prefer Clouds.

But I always wanted a Display when working with Granular Synthesis and something more controllable and flexible.
And so I ordered my second out of the Rack Instrument. The Tasty Chips GR-1 ;-) I think the GR-1 has the Potential of becoming one of the Centerpoints of my Music. We will see.

In the meantime I can't wait to run this through my Rack.

Really Lush and beautiful Drones you made there! I ike it

Cool!

Here's Beads processing my Plumbutter, with Monsoon very lightly processing samples from Coco.

-- baltergeist

Oh I like the Ciat Lonbarde Stuff. Some Day I will buy a Coco

Just a Happy Accident. I sampled a short Piano Loop of Fade to Grey in Beads Buffer. Additional Reverb from DV.

-- Quantum_Eraser

Nice! Love the original, and your take on it is great.
Thanks for sharing.
-- farkas

Thank you! :-)

The Visage Album was the first Record I bought in my Life. I still love Fade to Grey like the first
Time I listened to it. I love those Chord Changes, the Harmonies.

Just a Happy Accident. I sampled a short Piano Loop of Fade to Grey in Beads Buffer. Additional Reverb from DV.

To Sample from a Laptop Out or a Phone or iPod i use the Erica Synth Pico Input. You can go directly from your Laptop or Phone Headphone Out with a 3.5mm Stereo Cable to the Pico. From the Pico you can go with two Standard Patchcables into the Morphagene or Arbhar (but its just Mono In)

With the Pico Input you can also Boost the incoming Signal.

Thread: Vocal Track

Although that's not really the Style of Music I listen to, that's a really professional Production you did here!

Very well made!! And when I think a bit longer....I've never heard that kind of Music on a Modular System before.

That's really dark. Great Work!!

And the Video kind of scares me :-)

Thank you both very much!!

You know what? You are right about the Headphones.

I think It's just because that I listen to YT on my crappy Laptop Speakers and when I like
something I plug my Headphones in :-)

My Plan to release an EP at the End of 2020 unfortunately didn't work out. You know...plans.....

So here's my new Track I recorded today.

Morphagene is playing backwards a slowed down Loop from the Song "Genesis of a New Goddess" from Arthuros.
The Morphagene goes into FX Aid (Lo-Fi Junky) Vult Freak Filter (Flame Distortion), the Desmodus Versio and the Qu-Bit Data Bender. Data Bender gives the Track that nice "Tape Decay" Sound over Time.

A Copy of the Morphagene Out goes to the Panharmonium. PH goes intro Clouds. The Panharmonium is running on 5 Oscillators.

Some slight Modulation on Gene Size and Slide on the MG from Ochd. Sloth Chaos takes Care of the Filter Resonance.

As always please use Headphones. And if you like it feel free to leave a comment, here or on YT.

I want to play Steel Battalion now :-)

@mowse I really like the DV. It is definitely going to stay in my Rack although i have many other Reverbs.
I think the DV is perfect for long Reverb Trails. And I really like how it sounds.

@klodifokan Oohhhh what should I say? Thank you so much!! That's incredible!

@troux Thank you!! There's more to come :-)

Maybe, when all things come together like i have planned I will release my First Digital EP at the Ende of the Year.
I planned 5 Tracks for the EP. Expect an EP full of Bittersweet, Sad Tracks :-)

I tend to always end in this kind of Soundscapes :-) But I think that's part of my Musical and Personal
Background.

Thank you both GarfieldModular and jingo for your comments about my Track! I really appreciate your Feedback.

@jingo When one day a huge Asteroid falls to the Earth then this will be the Soundtrack :-)

What Modules do you use when you want to make that kind of Ambient?

Thank you very much!

Finally made a new Track Today :-)

As always I tend to completely loose myself into this lush Soundscapes and when
I record I completely forget time. But I kept it under 10 Minutes :-)

And As always. Use Headphones and dive in...

When I just let play the Morphagene along with the Nebulae it sounded nice. But
the I decided to put the Morphagene into the Panharmonium, let all the 32 Oscillators do
their work and oh boy.....what a wall of Sound the Panharmonium pours on you when
added the ZDS Reverb. At around 3:50 the Panharmonium starts it's Madness.

Patch Notes:
NebulaeV2 is running a pitched and slowed down Loop. This goes into QPAS (Bandpass) and into the Desmodus Versio. Morphagene is running a portion of the same Loop in different Pitch. This loop goes into the Panharmonium processed by ZDSP Reverb. Ochd is doing some Modulation on the QPAS.

Recording of my First Jam Session with my new 4ms Ensemble Oscillator

Starting at around 3:25 I really found a nice Sweet Spot.

The ENSOC is modulated by MI Tides (also my First Patch with Tides)

At the Beginning you can just hear the Raw Sound from the ENSOC. Then I add Reverb from ZDSP, Magneto and later on the Mimeophon. 2hp RND is triggering the Flip Mode of Mimeophon. Ochd is Modulating the Shift/Level of Tides and the Color of the Mimeophon.

Magneto is in Shift Mode. The Infinite Mode gets Triggered Randomly from Pams.

Qu-Bit Bloom is Playing a slowly mutating 7 Step Sequence. Occasionally I play some Notes on the Pressure Points (CV out to Bloom Root CV In)

2hp RND is triggering the Flip Mode of Mimeophon.

I hope you enjoy it :-)

Sorry for my late Reply...

Thank you so much for your Kind Words about my Music :-)

But, Hans Zimmer.....it's a long Way to got. But do I really want to be Hans? I rather stay myself and
see where my Eurorack Journey is taking me :-)

I will upload new Video from a little Jam Session i made today :-)

Stay as you are!

Kind Regards from Switzerland

Just uploaded my first Test I made with the Mimosa today. Mimosa slowly kicks in at about 2:10. Maximum Drive i used is about 60%.

I really love how nicely the Mimosa distorts the Sound.

Please use Headphones!

Patchnotes:
1 Layer of Arbhar --> Mimosa --> ZDSP --> Out
Nebulae V2 is playing A Vocal Sample from the Movie "The Vengeance of She". The Sample is slowed down and pitched up. This goes into QPAS (Bandpass) --> Mimeophon --> Out

Got my Panharmonium yesterday. That Module is wonderful. You can transform a Loop into something completely different.

It's not an Instant Ambient Machine, you really have to carefully peel out the Sounds from the Source Marterial.

I decided to make a few Demo Tracks, showing that you can turn crappy Loops into Ambient.

Here is my first "Everything is Ambient" Session with the Panharmonium.The Panharmonium is the only Soundsource (with Reverb from ZDSP). I fed the Panharmonium with a short Loop from NebulaeV2.

I start with only 1 Oscillator and slowly stacking up to 11 Oscillators.

A few seconds after the Track ends you can hear the Loop from Nebulae without Panharmonium and ZDSP.

Best Demo so far from the EO. Thanks!

Noise Engineering stuff, although I should note that I'm not a fan of their obtuse/eye-wrecking panel marking scheme

:-) Agree. The NE Modules are one of the worst out there when it comes to Design. I really don't understand what People think when they make these "Designs"

Is there a Manual? Is the Sound on the Youtube Demo Video only from the Grone with external effects?

Is it possible to get one with regular Knobs without these Crimson Omen Skulls?

Bought a Module from @Subjected

Fast communication. Fast Shipping and the Module is in Perfect Condition.

Just a litte Experiment :-) Recorded my Dyson Vacuum Cleaner into Arbhar with the built in Microphone and made some Dark Drones out of it. Reverb from Mutable Instruments Clouds

Headphones recommended

Sorry @Spencerdeathwaltz for hijacking your Thread

@GarfieldModular

The 4ms WAV Recorder really works great for me. First I wanted to buy a simple Focusrite Scarlet Interface. But I hate using a Computer in my Workflow. Even if it's just for Recording. Then someone hinted me the WAV Recorder.

If you don't want to do Multitrack Recording I can really recommend the WAV Recorder. It's so simple to use.

Yeah, Defenitely check out the Arbhar if you like Granular Stuff.

I think I only scratched the Surface so far. This Weekend I want to try out the Build in Microphone of the Arbhar. I already got a funny Idea for this. If it works I will share it on Modulargrid in the "You" Section.

Thanks again for your nice comments on my Track. It makes me happy :-)

To me this sounds like some serious A-class movie sound track music! I don't know how you do it... (please let me know how you recorded it, technical details, devices used, etcetera --> I am struggling to find a good way of recording, perhaps your way might give me ideas for my own recording)

Fantastic! Extremely well done, so subtle, so good, this is by far the best sound track I have heard here on Modular Grid so far. The harmony, how it all fits together... I am still not functioning well... difficulties to look at what I am writing with half wet-eyes... speechless...

I have to stop, sorry, you really got me there (in a good way), my most well-meant respect for this track!

Hi GarfieldModular

Oh my God. I wasn't expecting a feedback like yours for my Track. Thanks soooo much. I really appreciate it. You made my day!!

First let me tell you that I'm still just in my learning process in the Modular World. This Track is my second Patch with the Arbhar. It is quite simple. I recorded 4 different harmonically related Layers of Snippets from Songs of the Japanese Post-Rock Band Mono, pitched down with Arbhar. I recorded straight from my iPod. The Length Setting for the Grains is set Low. I used a very slow LFO (Ochd from Instruo/DivKid) to Scan back and forth through the Layer. For the Layer change between the 4 Layers I patched another slow LFO from Ochd into the Intellijel 1U Quadratt (Offset). Without the Offset Arbhar is changing through all the 6 Layers. With offsetting the LFO it changes slowly from Layer 1 to 4 and back. Maybe there's another Way to do this.

Arbhar is not boosting external Audio to Modular Level like the Morphagene does. I just ordered a Pico Input to boost external Audio :-)

The Russian Radio Chatter is taken from Youtube. It's real Chatter from Russian Troops Surrounded by Enemy Troops. That's why the Track is called Surrounded :-). I just sampled it into Morphagene.

Reverb for the Arbhar is from TipTop Audio ZDSP. Reverb for the Radio Chatter is from Happy Nerding FXAid.

Arbhar is such an amazing Module. The main reason I bought it is to mangle around with external Audio.

I recorded the Track with the 4ms WAV Recorder straight to SD Card. No external processing used.

Thanks again for your very kind words!!

Greetings from Switzerland :-)

Instruo Arbhar is fantastic for lush Soundscapes. But that won't fit in your Palette :-(

Here's a Track I made with the Arbhar (with a litte Help from Morphagene for the Radio Chatter)

Why not getting the 84HP Performance Case?

Hope you understand what I mean, I'm German speaking.

A few Months ago i started my Eurorack Journey and asked for Advice here on Modgrid. I also got Advice from Lugia and Ronin.

I really appreciated this because these People have lots of knowledge in Eurorack.

Maybe the Answers from Lugia sound a bit "grumpy"sometimes but I think he really cares that people don't waste their Money on a non Working Rack.

Lugia puts a lot of time and effort in his replies and advice.

But I agree with you. When someone posts his Rack on MG an the first thing they read is "unusable" or "doesn't work" may be a bit
discouraging for Eurorack Beginners :-)

But like I said. I think Lugia really cares that Beginners got the most out of their Money and a proper working Rack.

The Splash is discontinued. You have to be lucky to get one since there are not a lot on Marketplaces.

Units I have with user interfaces that I hate (and probably will end up selling):
Expert Sleepers Disting Mk4
Monsoon (Clouds clone)

-- Ronin1973

Have a Monsoon myself. Hate it and bought an Original Clouds. I like sliders but
i can't get along with the sliders in the Monsoon. The additional Knobs are a great Idea
but they are too cramped.

The Disting and its "Display"..... I definitely keep mine. I really like the Chorus Effect :-)

Keep in mind that you have to deal with that tiny OLED Screen.

I bought a mxmxmx micro O&C and I really didn't like to work with that Screen. I sold mine.

What if I ditched nebulae and added Plaits and another 4x vca? I had my eyes on Batumi but was going to add it later. I really like the concept of the chord module and would like to keep it. But, I don’t want to spend the $$ or the HP on a second one. Just looking for something basic to start that will get me going.
-- _RFJ

Ditching the Nebulae? It depends if you really want Granular Stuff in your Rack (i want it). There's also
the Make Noise Morphagene which is similar. You find Videos comparing the 2 on YouTube.

Plaits (VCO) is a completely different thing to a Nebulae and a Morphagene. If you keep the Chord V2
i would recommend add another VCO.

And you really need some Modulation.

But that's an advice from a beginner.

Also, if you're insisting on using the Chord as a VCO (I wouldn't do that, frankly), you need to consider a second on so that you can detune them against each other, do sync, etc for a "bigger" sound. That'll be spendy, though, at about $600 for a pair of poly VCOs...which is why I said I wouldn't do that.
-- Lugia

You can do some very pretty things with the Chord

But if you just have just 1 VCO in your Rack I wouldn't recommend the Chord.

But would you really need 2 Chord?