Hi there, first time actually posting here.

I’m in the starting phase of curating samples to fill in my Lubadh after I downloaded the v.2 update.

When looking at my racks this should come as no surprise that I tend to stick to a few different brands.

Sometimes I do like to think about theoretical specific purpose cases.
This idea came to me when I Watched the instruo v2 firmware update video and I noticed that when demoing melontron mode that Jason demoed it in polyphonic mono. A couple of days passes while I’m working night shifts and rewatch the video that in theory it should be very possible, by using only instruo modules to make the same patch in stereo, utilising both decks on a Lubadh in one shot mode.

The full build from Left to right is as follows;
1(f), Harmonaig, Tain,Tanh[3], Lubadh + expander, usb expander, 2(f), second Lubadh + expander, carn, cuir and lastly a power module, preferably an instruo one. With 2 x 2hp instruo blanks just to complete the look.
Specs:
Hp: 104
Number of modules: MG says 16, I don’t count the expanders as modules, so 11.
Power consumption: 960 mA +12v. | 540 mA -12v| 0 mA 5v.
Depth: 42mm.

Harmonaig would be altering which reel it will be triggering with the help of Tain and duplicating the cv out of harmonaig you would have the reels alternating from left to right when playing the keyboard. Having an 1 f to manually modulate the harmonaig, seeing as Jason did it by hand in the demo video.

First Lubadh:
This is the main brain and sound source. Primarily
Set as mode (A) melontron mode for obvious reasons. Mode(B) would be set to sequencingpoly, I haven’t had the time to try this out yet, but it seems to fit this builds purpose.

The Larachd serves 3 purposes in this patch. First purpose is to be used as a sampler for the first Lubadh, second would be as a microphone, combining it with a portable recorder with a pop filter would let people blessed with confidence and talent enough to sing. Put on an extra performance when recording onto the second Lubadh. Adding the Tahn[3] to compliment the Larachd.

The second Lubadh; I know, a bit unrealistic to own two lubadhs unless you are Jason himself. this Lubadh is simply going to work as a dual record deck, using preset (a) tape looper and (b) broken tape. Knowing that the Mellotron was made in 1963, I cannot imagine mr Mc.Cartneys mellotron actually sounding as the day it was made, since tape decays over time the presets are necessary to complete this builds aesthetic sound. Furthermore; Having a 2f fader to adjust the tape modulation per channel seemed like the perfect fit.

last two modules is a carn and a cuir, for audio mixing and audio output.
I haven’t tried out the Carn, so I’m not sure if it’s a good fit for the rack, but a mixer on paper is worth gold. Using it simply to add as a mixer for larachd could be the clue.

-N.

Nokan