Can anyone think of more Star Trek-themed/related modules to add to this rack?

Thank you for that thoughtful reply! Here are some considerations for this case:

-I am trying to keep this as tiny as possible, so I'm hopeful to use the Palette format. I need this case to fit into a backpack for travel, and ideally to be able to be powered with a portable battery for a long time. This is going to get used in the woods and will almost certainly be taken on long bike rides. One dumb yet large plus for my use case with a Palette is there's a protective lid available for it. I'm open to a skiff, but logistically I don't have the idea as firmly in hand.

-I was thinking I could use 1UOC with Hemisphere Suite and Captain MIDI to use the Palette MIDI- is there any reason that wouldn't work? Plum Audio supplies cables with 1UOC specifically to hook up to Palette MIDI connections. The hope would be to use Ableton CV Tools when I felt limited by what's in the case.

-Is the Headphones 1U not actually necessary to use the Palette output jacks? My understanding was that the stereo outs hook up to the Palette 1/4" jacks.

-I'm most interested in getting pretty drones with this, so I won't be devastated without too many modulators.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's any reason to pursue an Intellijel Duatt+1U VCA combination over the After Later DVCA. Same amount of rack space, but what might I gain or lose by choosing either of those options? I definitely want to pursue the SWN/Mimeophon/Arbhar combination, and O+C seems like fun with that. With the headphone out 1U, that leaves 22hp in the 1U row if anyone thinks it'd be better to pursue a Noise Tools or something. Would love to hear ideas!

Yes, you’re right, 60hp everything. Thank you so much for taking the time to give that comprehensive answer! That’s really helpful. I don’t know who John Surman is, I’ll check it out.

I’m interested in something very immediate to improvise with and flexible for some psychedelic beats and melodies and drones. I planning to make sound environments that are quick to tweak and change while i play saxophone over it. Any advice from more knowledgeable community members?