Yeah, maybe I rushed the question, but you guys got the point. I was actually looking at the Erica Dual VCF evaluating a rather "simpler" filter but capable of being used also as a true dual filter processing two audio signal independently.
As always you guys gave me constructive comments and new ideas and ascpects to think about! :)

Thanks Lugia, you are really showing me very good points I never thought about...I will surely consider the 7U case option very carefully, you opened my eyes about it!

Thak also to you Garfield, you don't have to apologize. Every comment I recieve from people more expert than me is extremely valuabe. If I was sure about my choices I wouldn't have posted asking for advice. I actually am keeping my eyes open with much interest about Gronud Control and Black Sequencer! As I said, the sequencer is something I'm still trying to leran more about, so if you have any other advice about it I will surely be glad to hear them!

One more thing. Do you guys think it would worth it to look for a dual filter in order to filter more voices independently?

First of all I want to sincerely thank you guys for all of your feedbacks. I never ever thought I would so much response and I swear it means the world to me in this careful plannig phase. So, again, THANK YOU.

Starting with the size matter. Yes, while putting together this rack, I immediately felt that this size would unavoidably cause strong constrains and that very soon I would have need more space. Because of this, I confirm you that I actually was already looking to a 3 row case, as you are suggesting. Nontheless, I decided to put together this smaller rack in order to leave the third row for a time where I have deeper awareness of my musical direction and aspiration. I understand that it would surely be strategically convenient to plan a rack thinking directly to all of the space you may have available, but to me it felt just a shot too long to take and that I’d prefer to let the rack grow naturally over time. Right now, by the way, I’m looking at a very interesting offer in my hometown as a local studio is selling a 9U 104hp at a very good price, but that would be WAY bigger than the one I posted so I’m not totally sure about it. Aside from that, Ronin’s and Lugia’s suggestion of the 7U Intellijel case really blew my mind, as I see it as a way to maximize the potentiality of my build without twist its nature. I’ll surely think about it even if the only downside i see is the HUGE price of that case, to the point it becomes a crucial factor to take into consideration.

Concerning the mosorensen observations, I can confirm that the lack of percussive elements was “intentional” to a certain extent. Having to deal with a “restricted” number of modules, I tried to focus on a direction as clearely defined as possible, that being ambients and textures creation around melodic sequences. So this was the natural result of that thinking process, but I’m obviously completely open to the possibility to change my mind while building the case! As you mentioned, I think the Disting can be very useful to test that out as well many other features that can make me understend how other modules work I guess. I’ll also surely think about an alternative to Links! I didn’t thought about the stackable cables as a permanent alternative, thanks!

Finally, talking about the sequencer, I clearely admit that I don’t have a clear full picture of all the possibilities out there. What I can say is that while patching in VCV Rack, very often it come’s out my more traditional musical background. For example, I very often patch using Marbles and that modules really opened my eyes about what modular “can do” and how it can completely revolutionize the way I compose music. But still, there is always a time during my patching when I feel the need to lay down precise notes phrases to add to at a sequence or as an additional layer as fast as possible, so I guess that in this phase I still want to be able to have a deep control on the sequencing, even with external controller if I feel the need. That comes at a cost as basically the only randomness in this build may come from the randomize function of the hermod itself I guess, but that’s how I feel I need to start right now. Having this in mind, if you have alternatives to point me to, I would be really interested in hearing them.

Thanks again to all of you.

Hi everybody,

during these last months I fell down the rabbit hole of modular eurorack and would really like to resolve myself and buy my first modules.

I have a good background as a regular laptop producer and as a bass player. I've experimented a lot lately in vcv rack, but ultimately I'm still a total noob to modular world and really need advices.

This is the rack I came up with.

ModularGrid Rack

I would like to do mostly ambient stuff but with a strong melodic content, basically sequencing my own melodies (even using an external controller, so the hermod seems a good deal) and being than able to heavily process them.

I know I've listed many fancy modules, but obviously I plan to start by buying very few at first and than building a rack upon them progressively. Nonetheless I was wandering if the rack I made was any good or if I'm totally missing the right direction.

Thank in advance and I'm sorry for my poor english here and there :)

Marco