Since my last post here I had great interactions with @0110110, @filipl and I also got another module from @dork173.
Thanks guys.

it doesn't happen that often from what I can make out

I'm at the second chip failure in less than two years...

What about Pico DSP ? I could also use a smaller out instead of the Ooots and shave some HP.

I own both and the algorithms on the FX Aid are waaaaay better than the ones on the Pico DSP. I think you should use the Zoia and save some HPs.
I also have an Ooots and while I really like it as an output module you could definitely use that extra space better,

I read some posts somewhere talking about how difficult it was to work with some of the more smaller versions of Plaits so thought I would make an exception and just use regular Plaits. I'd be interested to hear others experiences with the other compact Plaits clones...

I own a 8 HPs one and the ergonomics are not that bad but YMMV.

As far as Clouds go, I really wanted the Microcell (Im assuming you know it has three different Clouds firmwares which kinda makes an amazing module)

Switching firmware on Clouds is easy enough, and, again, you may definitely benefit from squeezing some more functionality in that space.

That said, I agree with everyone else in saying that you will be very limited with this setup. If you really (really) want to do this within the 42 HPs limit I'd recommend you to at least get a Marbles instead of the Turing Machine.

I'd go with smaller versions of both Clouds and Plaits to squeeze out 4 HP for a FX Aid.

Lately I'm enjoying building small systems in my old single row case and your setup looks like a lot of fun. I can't listen right now as I'm at work but I'll do it as soon as I can.

Props to @Ideo, @DirkB, @mopoco, @WarpHead and @mech808.
It's been a pleasure to deal with you guys.

Among my mixers I really like the WORNG Soundstage and despite being ergonomically challenging the 2hp ones are super useful.
Regarding utilities i love Ladik Gatsby, Probability Skipper and Gate Delay. Also I just got a Twiigs because lately most of my patches involved my O_C with Hemispheres running the Brancher app on both sides.

It's time for me to thank @dadacore (grazie!), @ODEC and @freddybarbentane for the flawless transactions.

I think the gap I feel I may have is that I don't have something driving rhythm into my tinkering and I've some poor/weak effects on my mixer. I suspect a bank of VCAs and Mutable Instruments Grids may be a good option? Pamela? Muxlicer? Or perhaps Erica PICO dsp could be a good tool to bring on board to help me figure out what I'm missing through easy-access trial and error - albeit I prefer knobs and wires over menus...

Any thoughts on quirky pairings that have some depth for a pair of semi-modulars would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
-- therumdiaries

For effects I'd recommend an FX Aid (regular or XL) over a Pico DSP, I own both and the variety and quality of the algorithms on the FX Aid is way better.
For rhythms I think it depends on your preferences: if you want a collection of patterns that you can modulate Grids is great (in case take a look at the Shakmat's White Gallop and Noise Engineering's Numeric Repetitor), but if you prefer more intentional programming you should go with a more traditional sequencer (if you want something small to start with I like the Dnipro DOT). IMHO Pam is always a great module choice for every system but if you don't like menu based stuff it could be not ideal for rhythm sequencing.
The Muxlicer is a powerful and versatile tool, but if you plan to use it as a sequencer you should know that because of a firmware change Befaco made to make it work along some Make Noise module there are revisions of it that looks for the falling edge of the clock signal to advance one step, and that might cause you trouble to have it sync to other modules. There is a fix available but you'll need a ICSP Programmer to upload the new firmware.

I'd cut Kinks (and put it in your main rack) and substitute in a quad mute module (the DivKid one is the one I use... Happy Nerding also makes one). The DivKid module is very much a performance tool... three settings, and a very pleasing vatrol effect when muting channels... so it would make sense amongst other control tools.
-- Shakespeare

I'm playing with the idea of a control case myself and DivKid's Mutes will definitely be moved there from my main rack. I'm also considering the idea of a CV recorder to pair with my F8R and potentially a joystick module. I also find I almost never use all the 8 faders on the F8R, maybe having two is a bit too much, but I guess it depends on how you like to play your modular.

Don’t buy anything from @Modulardistortion nasty piece of work who has stolen my money
-- Tommyd

May I ask if it is about the Data Bender?
I sent him an email asking for pictures and a receipt proof as the timing and price felt a bit fishy to me and he never answered.
Now I see he offers no modules for sale but when I checked he only listed expensive stuff at very nice prices...

If it's not an aimless jam -- and often it is an aimless jam -- I usually start from just one module or musical element. I often try to get a module to do something new. [...] Once I'm happy with my "experiment" I usually bring in other elements to build a piece of music around that.
-- the-erc

That's basically the same I do, I find I learn a lot more if I try to have my patch grow into something more similar to an actual track than leaving it as it is.

So far I've been practicing by forcing myself to produce full tracks from start to finish, in the last twelve months I've uploaded more than 30 'tracks' to my Soundcloud account. I wouldn't call them 'tracks' really, as they're more like practices or experiments, nothing I would publish on Bandcap or feel proud about. But hey, I'ts been tons of fun so far and I've been learning a lot.
-- Exposure

I'm debating wether to upload the results of my patching as I'm not sure it could interest anybody. I don't feel I'm producing anything valuable yet, if not for my own personal learning.

Plus, not recording things can also be a mistake, even if it's obvious that the "screwing around" in those cases is just that. But at the same time, if you have the take in your DAW...well, hell, ANYTHING'S fair game once it's on the hard drive. So it doesn't work in of itself...but what if you dubbed a few more things onto it? Or what if you used it as a layer in some other work? Or chopped it into loops?
-- Lugia

I agree, and maybe a downside of this approach of trying to make anything into a "track" is that many of the sounds I get from patching around could be useful in the future if recorded by themselves.

If you are ok with faders I really like this module:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/michigan-synth-works-f8r-

Got my second Mixup from @jmeng, everything went smooth and the shipment took less than from most shops. Thanks man!

I recommend @oliodnb wholeheartedly. Realistic bidding, fast communication. Good buyer!
-- DT_Indus

And I can defineitely recommend @DT_Indus as well, we had some problem with the shipment and he's been very helpful trying to sort everything out. Thanks man!

Recently got modules from @yrn1 and @atomtwist.
Everything ok, flawless transactions and prompt shipments.

Since my last post I bought modules from @100000bps, @tonito, @Slocap and @LiquidYzer (sorry man but I can't tag you properly).
Everything went smooth, no problems at all.
I also bought a Monsoon from @PinPinKula, communications could be faster but the module safely arrived and it's a flawless build.

Hi everyone,
I'd like to connect two cases with a single cable (or two if going with the Doepfer) but I'll be sending mainly audio between them.
I'd prefer the Plum Audio's Rack Plumber HD as it has the most connections, but I can't find any feedback on how well it works with audio signals. The two cases are pretty close to each other so the cable length shouldn't be an issue.
Does anyone have any experience with this kind of modules?
Thanks.

I did not know this thread existed, so I am playing catchup!

Same here, I'm fairly new to Modulargrid and so far I've had very good experiences with @wtkdwc, @NSOTB, @ShinySawtooth, @dork173 and @hadj.

Thank you all for making the beginning of my experience with Eurorack so enjoyable.

R.