Thread: Hello there!

Thanks again, Ronin! That has been very helpful to me. I'll keep your advice in mind. Greetings!

First of all, thanks a lot for your answer, Ronin. Much, much and appreciated!

Connection with the DAW is a critical part of the system, but also on of the areas which I am most clueless and lost. I've spent some time reading and looking for options and the ES8 and the —too prohibitive for me— Shuttle Control seemed like the standard. What are the advantages of using the FH2 and also the MIDI thing? It looks like I am actually losing HP, right? Also, would you get rid of the VCA?

Thanks again for your time!

ModularGrid Rack

Hi, eurorack noob here!

Lately I’ve been thinking of getting some modules to complement my 0 Coast and recently my purchased Dreadbox V3. I planned this rack here with that idea in mind (initially it was just the ES8 and the MATHS) but, you know, I just got carried away! Not 100% if this could work as a standalone system, though.

I’m mostly computer based, so I’m not looking for a huge beast (that’s why i tried to keep it in the realm of 84HPs). As I said, i have no experience with full modular systems, and I’m especially worried with all things physical (i’m thinking of getting an Eowave’s 84 HP wide 3U Skiff as a case but i don’t know if it will get me enough power…) but I’m pretty well versed in Aalto, so i think i get the hang of how modular works. At least to a degree.

Looking to do mostly tonal and “musical” stuff with it. Any ideas and suggestions will be more than welcome.

Much thanks and greetings in advance!