from the web:

PayPal notes that the company puts payments on hold to help ensure that the platform is safe and secure for both buyers and sellers.

Although the money belongs to you, PayPal will temporarily keep you from accessing it to make sure there's enough money in your account to resolve issues like chargebacks or disputes.

Funds are released when the buyer confirms that they received the item they ordered in the condition that was advertised.

Some specific reasons why your payment might be on hold include:

Your PayPal account has been inactive.
The payment you received is unusual for your typical selling pattern.
PayPal found an unusual change in selling price for a particular transaction.
You're selling an item that customers may be dissatisfied with.
You've only recently started selling items outside of eBay.

Why is my payment on hold?

There are a number of reasons for why funds could be placed on hold, including:

You're new to selling. New sellers need to build up their buyer-seller credibility and history. Once you've established a successful transaction record, your status can change.
You haven't sold anything in a long time. Similar to being a first-time seller, if you haven't sold an item in awhile, you'll need to rebuild your credibility.
Customers filed formal complaints for a refund, dispute, or chargeback. If you've been flagged by multiple customers for various issues, PayPal may delay the availability of your funds. According to PayPal, the best way to remedy this is to work directly with buyers to ensure that issues are resolved as quickly as possible. To prevent complaints, be upfront about shipping costs, item condition, and return policy. You can also set up a customer service message to let customers know if an extreme incident — like a natural disaster in your area — is preventing you from shipping on time.
You have a suspicious selling pattern. PayPal will flag an account that has unusual activity, including a higher than normal selling pattern or a distinct change in the type of items sold.
You're selling riskier items. Examples of these kinds of items include tickets, gift cards, consumer electronics, computers, and travel packages — anything that is more expensive or event-related could be flagged

How long does PayPal hold your funds?

As long as there aren't any issues with your transaction or account (like an undelivered package or a customer filing a dispute), PayPal will release your funds within 21 days.

so unless you're using paypal as seller who sell a lot of stuff i guess you always have to wait at least untile the package is delivered.

going back on topic, half of refund is the minimum he could offer and i repeat he offered half refund only after threats of coming kicking his ass because previously he just was insisting on "it's not my resposability i can't refund" way of thinking... when LaPoste french postal service answered me that "Only the sender can file a claim with our service, since he alone is entitled to compensation in the event of loss, damage, spoliation, unjustified return or incorrect delivery of the shipment."

according to the (french)law i should have done what to get some money back? that's no sense to involve the law when it would cost more time and money than the actual result. that's why i insisted on kicking his ass. and it worked.

have a nice christmas whiny french, i considered it close.

@RandomProgression
death threats???
the address is the one given by the tracking number...kicking your ass is not a death threat, no need to kill anybody, just get my money back, kiddo. no need to involve anyone else. don't make a drama out of your bullshits

you offered half refund just now (1 month later this situation started) after i sent the picture of you address with "death threat" you're talking about, anyway... so it seems to work... a bit more push and maybe you will refund all the money...

yes, it's just a module, it's just 300 euros (330 to be precise but i offered to refund 300).. so why don't you send me back those fucking money and we end it.

@RandomProgression

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/176394

sent 330€ with friendly payment.
registered package is lost (at the moment they are searching for it), not even got over his local post office checkpoint.
he refuse to refund in case the package is lost forever claiming it's not his responsability.
not even considering or proposing a partial refund or something similar.

the package could actually reappear and be found by LaPoste(french postal service) but anyway his intentions and ethic i think is worth to be aware of.
you can read more on this thread:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/12592

updates: after threating going to kick his ass at his address he refunded half of the money

here the new answer from Mr "hundred of transactions"

Listen, i will answer you with some points :
-First, the adress was correctly indicated. I don’t make any mistake. Also, if the adress is wrong , the package would return to me.
-Secondly, all your explainations about responsability and rules were quite non respectfully acceptable. I already explained to you how things work usually and i manage an hundred of transactions here without any problem
-Thirdly, about my local post, i can only say that they suck because i don’t have any answer about my case and no, they don’t gonna refund me, becauseif it was the case, of course i would refund you ! I’m not a thief !
So yeah, this situation sucks and for now i can’t do much more unless wait an answer.
That’s all i can tell
Sorry about that… I will keep you in touch if something comes in
Have a nice day

so next question is...
if the package will be lost and the user is not refunding me, do i have the right to write his name/username in the "bad trader list" here on MG explaining the situation?

this is his full response on my complain about not wanting to refund:

I know well how it works, and when people want to use paypal protection service or ask me for insured package (and so they pay for that), i make sure that the package is insured at the value of the material. I make a lot of transaction in France and EU via multiple platform and i never had any problem with that. If you don’t pay for an insured shipping, you take a risk, and it is what it is unfortunately. I know it sucks but i’m not a shop so if people want security for shipping, they have to pay for it…

Hope they will find it, of course i will keep you in touch of the news.

Sorry about this situation but i can’t do much more

Have a nice day

my main question is

As a seller here on modulargrid who has an etic and consider himself correct what would you do if the package is lost by delivery company and you have been paid with friendly payment?

the fact that all of you is bringin out the law and so on reinforce the fact that we are all a bunch of narcisist apes unable to live together in this world.

i would like an honest answer.
as i said the friendly payment on paypal is also a favour to the seller to get his money immediatly so a minimum of responsability is on him i would say...

the case is this:
i bought a module (chorus effect dimensions) on modulargrid from an user with 49 positive feedbacks. (330€ free shipping)
we actualky agreed to trade that module previously during another trade (he had that module on sale +others that ended up been already sold, a bit sketchy) but after a while he refused and decided to keep it and that trade ended up ok with another module (which implied him sending back some money + another module). i received his module quite fast with the same postal service.

now he decided to sell that module he didnt want to , chorus dimensions.
agreed on free shipping and paid friendly with paypal 330€
gave me tracking.
24 th of october he shipped.
since that day the tracking number has no updates, like as it has never left the post office....
he now (few days ago)opened a complain to search for the package.

that's the story....
could he fake the shipping of a package giving a tracking number of a lost package?
im starting feeling paranoid since the previous trade was a bit hars in communications and i feel he in the end was not happy with the choice of module he got from me (he is selling it already).
im thinkin he is trying to get "revenge" on his bad choice...

nobody here proposed at least a 50% refund as a solution.

are we really becoming so shitty as people ?

what would be your feedback in someone not refunding a lost package paid with friendly payment?

i will definetly never do a friendly payment again

why do we need to bring the LAW on this...

we are on a platform where people friendly trade or sell modules... let's just use common sense...

If i would have choose a "commercial payment" on paypal adding 4% to the final cost i would have been protected by paypal which just need a tracking number and a complain to refund, am i wrong??
If i choose friendly payment i'm also doing a favour to the seller who can get his money immediatly without waiting for the package to be delivered.

anybody have any problem with LAPOSTE from France? any lost package? later found?

You made a deal with the seller where you paid them to get the thing or things to you. Unless you explicitly agreed that you would assume the risk of it not arriving then it's all on them to ensure delivery by whatever means they chose.
So if it is lost in transit then by default they are responsible for a full refund.
-- Bleep

He now opened a complain to search the package at the postoffice.
When i asked to him if he's gonna refund me in case the package is totally lost he answered:
"Unfortunetly you never asked for insured shipping mate ... So i won't be able to do that ...Deeply sorry :/"

i payed as friendly payment on paypal, ill never do it again probably

well the guy is from France shipping to me in Lithuania so i guess he should refund me, right?
i can maybe pay for the shipping since we decided to be free, but i this point the guy sounds sketchy

You made a deal with the seller where you paid them to get the thing or things to you. Unless you explicitly agreed that you would assume the risk of it not arriving then it's all on them to ensure delivery by whatever means they chose.
So if it is lost in transit then by default they are responsible for a full refund.
-- Bleep

He now opened a complain to search the package at the postoffice.
When i asked to him if he's gonna refund me in case the package is totally lost he answered:
"Unfortunetly you never asked for insured shipping mate ... So i won't be able to do that ...Deeply sorry :/"

i payed as friendly payment on paypal, ill never do it again probably

what do you think should happen when a sale ends up with a package (with tracking number but not insured) is lost???

should the seller refund all the money?
should refund half?

what do you think?

Thread: Delay 2hp

Buongiorno a tutti, nella mia catena Doepfer ho inseriti il modulo Delay 2hp...ma la risposta Delay che ho ottenuto, non mi ha soddisfatto, faccio Fatica ad ottenere effetti di ripetizione...successo anche a voi? Penso di sostituire con 2hp Verb
-- shpe

ciao, io ce l'ho e funziona .
puoi specificare il problema? o fare un video? magari è difettoso?

il 2hp verb è una bomba, penso non lo venderò mai, anzi magari ne prendo altri. è un reverb però, non un delay

i definitely agree with users here telling feedback system need to be upgraded/improved. Should we open a thread or send a collective email to the administrators/moderators of modulargrid?
I encounter several user having bad experience and writing to them without gettin a useful response or a response at all.

here's my suggestions:

1) separate "buyer feedbacks" from "seller feedbacks"
2) add neutro feedback
3) add comment section to publicly discuss in case of negative or neutro

especially the first thing i guess would be easy to add