Very nice! The only thing I think you'll find your going to need is more VCA mods. Otherwise, live the dream with this!

Much thanks!

Well, looking at the outstanding cases from various places I love them all but...feh.
I can craft my own box and it might not be the perfect box but it will be /my/ box!
That said, we get on to power supplies.
What are the good ones? Best cost/benefit stuff? What did you use and do you like it?

I was big into photography once.
I did a LOT of research into what to buy.
I learned that that my needs would not be met with buying 7000 dollars of
camera bodies and lenses. What if I spent six months or two years and did
NO photography? I ended up with a good Prosumer camera that I still love
but can put down with no guilt.

If your that person. Modular is not for you.

If you decide that your modular is a Spiritual Ham Radio and are going to use
it on a daily basis? Buy in hard and deep. If not, get a Neutron maybe?

Yeah 9u.
If you want more.
Your dedicated and will get boats for it.

I think my problem with Maths is that its not something "normal" in a synthesizer.
Not at least as expected if you walked into say Guitar Center and wanted to buy one.
Maths is...far more useful than expected?

I'd have to go for a cheap large Midi module.

Just planning ahead. ^.~

I can't give you a good number, but at least 2. Like most things in Modular more is better.
However two will get you good. If you can do more, go for it. If you can do 3 that will help.
If you can get 3 then move on to the stuff like filters.

I can't give you exact numbers but I think Modular is still in a sorta 70s Hobbyist phase,
there is no real Apple or Microsoft.

Yet.

@.@

Does anyone have any info about when these might be available.
I've been around long enough to know Behringer announces shit and
it takes a long time to actually be on sale, and throw in this Covid stuff...
Just curious if anyone knows.

Much thanks!

I know I'm getting in way over my head here but...has anyone used multiple Maths modules?

Thanks all. As usual part of the charm of Eurorack is that you have to dig in and experiment. Much like early
computers there are no real guidposts for questions like this yet. I think there is a logic to how the workflow
should go so your not stretching cables into knots when you don't have to. Thanks for concrete information
based on your experiences. Gotta love Modulargrid for that. ^.^

This is probably the most vexing part of Eurorack for me at the moment.
What is the best, most efficient way to lay out the modules? My take on
it for now has been to look at how older things like the Arp 2600 or the
Moog System 55 where put together but while the VCO/VCF/VCA thing
seems logical, once the wires start multiplying like rabbits it might not
be. Should the CV control sorts of modules like LFOs and Maths and such
be in the center to allow them access to all the other modules? What was
your experience once you actually started exploring sounds? My only
caveat here is that this will be used in a home studio. I won't have to worry
about doing things on the fly at a show or anything.

Yeah, looks like Maths is going in the build. I mean, I could leave it out but one of the things that fascinates me is
generative music and this module seems indispensible for it. I'm taking my time and buying modules slowly to
build the Big System eventually. Not in a rush, just want it to be complete when I finally build it. Yes I can hear
the laughter after using the word "complete" with Eurocrack. XD

Much thanks for all the thoughtful replies. Helped clear things up a lot!

I know, "you can never have to many vcas" but if I incorporate a mixer into my build, do I /also/ need a separate VCA?
Doesn't the mixer act /as/ a VCA?

Just trying to shave down the cost here.

Much thanks! downloads and rtfm

I always wondered why I /had/ to have Maths in my build. It seemed like a nice addition but feh.
Alright, after research I /think/ I understand what it does. It allows you to (among other things)
to increase or decrease frequency while keeping the amplitude the same. I guess based off of
some things the Buchla's did? Or am I misunderestimating Maths?

I finally decided to live the dream.
Started with some nice VSTi's like Z3TA+ 2 and Diva by Uhe. Still nice but then wanted to know more so I got
ahold of Syntorial. Excellent. But then...
Well all of you know, theres that itch for hardware. Not just any hardware, that "Dream of Wires" hardware.
So I have lists now, I'm taking my time and doing it right. I know there is no one size fits all in this, and
thats part of its charm. So let me tell you my goal(s) and maybe start there.
I want to do generative music, and have stereo output. However I want the /option/ to be able to connect in
my midi keyboard and use it that way if I want. At least two voices, probably more like three but I can build
up. Eurocrack is only sort of a joke. I haven't even started and I want every other module I see reviewed on
Youtube. As for a case, right now I don't care about the asthetics, I'll build one myself, or get a cheap one
with power. I'm imagining 9U by 104HP but thats a guess at this point.
Budget? Well, this years I'll get a bonus at work for about 1200$.
The thing that hooked me was when I saw RF Nomad. I've always loved those sorta shortwave sounds in
certain analog synth bits and wow, why not just put the shortwave directly in there?
I know y'all probably get someone coming along like this all the time but any suggestions, comments, advice
for how to start strong with these goals in mind would make me a happy boy. Thanks!