For FH-2 polyphonic playing you could setup in the configuration tool:
Type: Poly, 2 Voices;
Per Voice Ouputs: CV, Gate or Trigger, Velocity(?) and Envelope(?). ( 4 x 4 )
Then you'd have a full 8 expander outputs for whatever—the filter and repeater, one of the Noise Engineering modules, bitbox?

You have two oscillators yes, so to play your rig polyphonically you'd have to patch both oscillators and mix them down to a single centred output so you can then bring them into your reverb, delay effects and make them stereo. Otherwise you'll have two voices, one in left side, one in right—probably not what you want. Of course you can record each voice separately and have as many layers as you want in your DAW. But you basically have two subtractive signal paths osc/bb>filter>fx and osc/bb>fx>filter, so this is not gonna be complicated.

The bitbox does multisample polyphony too with MIDI, so you have that option with your Keystep.

If you dropped an expander there is the Disting, I don't have it but it is VERY POPULAR—44128 racks.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/expert-sleepers-disting-mk4

or since you're doing sound design you could look into the Happy Nerding FX—also well liked and popular, also something I don't have, haha. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid-black-gold

Ultimately it comes down to you. Personally I'd probably not devote so much hp in a small case to a reverb and two different delays... but your name is Echo so that's your thing. Do your thing.
-- Toccata

Thanks for the feedback. There's 3 oscillators in the system when you count the basimilus. Plus I have a mother 32 so that's 4 voices. Technically the maths and I think mimeo could be used as a voice as well. So FH2 plus 1 expander gives me 3 voices + 4 outputs leftover for modulation. That's probably enough. I also might mess with MPE controllers...so I just wanted to have enough outputs for that. I plan on playing it polyphonically...saving those parts as samples into bitbox...looping a variety of those and reusing the oscillators for other things afterwards.

In terms of too many delay and reverb...I agree. I own the mimeophon already...but I'm very intrigued by Nautilus and definitely would like to pick that up. I heard they are very different and I'd like the sound design possibilities of Nautilus...it has distortion etc. For reverb, I wanted the starlab...but it's too large to be practical in my case...and wouldn't fit with the modules I currently own. So the NE reverb was what I came up with as a substitute....perhaps it isn't necessary and I can just use DAW reverb.

I will check out those modules. I just don't want to complete my case and be missing something that is important.

Cheers,

If I have a Yamaha MG12XU mixer, why do I need a stereo mixer in the rack?

Perhaps I do not need one of the expanders for the FH2. The idea was to be able to play polyphonically and also have some slots leftover for random lfos etc. But I'm sure 1 expander would be good. If I drop one of those any suggestions for another 4hp module to fill the case?

I'm a big fan of Trent Reznor and his experimental scores so this will heavily be a sound design rack...however I want to be able to play live with my keystep pro. Bitbox for percussion, keystep pro sequencing that. Then I have many voices leftover in my rack.

Thanks for the feedback! The layout you suggest does make sense. I plan on going line out from various modules into a desktop mixer so that I can multitrack stems...so not everything will be going out the x-pan or case outputs necessarily. I do like the black, but I already own a lot of these modules.

As I'm looking to finish my case, are there any obvious or helpful module/s that I could be missing? Or replacements to certain modules that may perform better/allow for more options? Do you think the FH2 plus expanders and Maths offer enough modulation options?

Do you think I need a dedicated mixer module or is Maths and X-Pan suitable if I'm going out into a desktop mixer?

Cheers,

Oh yes thank you for attaching that. I'm new to the modular grid forum. Looking forward to comments.

Hello,

I'm looking for feedback on this rack build. I'm a composer trying to utilize integration with my DAW but also have my eurorack be able to stand on its own.

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1104834.jpg

I currently own all of the modules and case EXCEPT FH2+expanders, bitbox mk2, Nautilus, and Desmodus Versio.

What do you think of this setup? The goal is using the FH2 for modulation options since it can generate complex lfos etc. as well as for polyphonic playing.

I will have a separate standalone mixer on my desk, so I tried to save some space not using dedicated mixer modules. Also included will be a Moog Mother 32 as well as a Keystep Pro, so there's more modulation options there.

Any advice, module recommendations/replacements welcome.

Cheers,
B