I have different presets saved to different tracks/gates on the Varigate. Recalling gate 1, 2, 3 etc. works perfectly. However, when I try to use song mode, nothing happens. The Varigate simply plays the first track button I press while in song mode on repeat.

I tried updating the firmware -- this solved a different issue I was having with the clock, but no luck with song mode. Here's an example of what I'm doing:

• Press and hold song mode button

• Press gate one, then gate two, while holding song mode

• Release song mode

• Press and release song mode so that it lights up

• Run sequencer

It just plays the first track that I selected. I'm having the exact same problem when I try this while the sequencer is running, and it doesn't make a difference if I try to reprogram the saved song while the light is already on or not.

I'm at a loss here. Is the module broken?

I've read the manual, having a bit of an issue following along though. When I hold down the bank button and press another gate button, the light changes while bank is held down and it appears to me that I'm in another bank. But the pattern is the same. If I save something there, that pattern follows me to each new bank.

If I change bank and delete the pattern, I can't find it by going back to the previous bank.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I asked support a few days ago and haven't heard from them. Do I need to save each track in a pattern individually by pressing save+Gate 1, save+Gate 2, etc?

Bit lost here, any help would mean a lot!

I've read the manual and I can save patterns no problem, but I can't seem to change bank. It's possible that there's an issue with my module, but I get the feeling like I might just be doing something wrong.

Let's say I've programmed gates 1, 2, and 3 to trigger drum samples. To save that whole pattern (is that the right term for the series of sequences being sent by multiple gates?), do I need to save each track/gate individually? Or is there a way to save the entire pattern by selecting Save and Gate 1 only?

When I hold down the bank button and press another gate button, the light changes while bank is held down and it appears to me that I'm in another bank. But the pattern is the same. If I save something there, it follows me to each new bank. if I change bank and delete the pattern, I can't find it by going back to the previous bank.

I think I'm just making a silly mistake somewhere, I know that this is a dumb question and people typically figure this out from the manual, but I'm just having trouble getting it. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it!

I want to send CV from four channels out of a Qubit Pulsar and have that CV trigger samples elsewhere. Can I run each CV through one of the VCAs and "mute" the CV?

I'm looking at the DIY version of this module, but I've only found one demo of it so far (and a short clip on instagram that wasn't great). With the factory version, it seems easy enough to dial in a hoover bass sound using detune. I'd love to be able to do that, I don't know if the drive function can get it done though.

Thanks for the feedback Jim! I might have to move to bus boards at some point, it looks like the CP1As weren't the best choice in any case.

I could get away without the bin seq I think, and I haven't actually pulled the trigger on the voltage block yet -- I would like a bit more CV modulation though and it seems like a good way to both sequence and modulate the rest of the rack. The er301 has tons of internal utility and modulation, including VCAs and so on, it can't send CV out though. You're right though, with the Pulsar in there too the rack has quite a lot of sequencers haha. They're for triggering samples in the ER301 as well as interacting with the visible voice modules.

I'll post another thread to get some feedback on the setup overall though, that's a good idea. Thanks!

Here's the link to the rack: ModularGrid Rack

I haven't calculated the individual draw from each row, but I'm sure I can shuffle things around as needed.

Berhinger CP1As are rated for:

+5 VDC @ 0.5 A, pins 11, 12
-12 VDC @ 1 A, pins 1, 2
+12 VDC @ 1 A, pins 9, 10

My rack will draw 1803 ma +12 V and 290 ma at -12 V, which might be too close to maxing out. I'm not too sure how some of this works, whether it's as simple as matching up the power draw to the supply rating or if there's something I'm missing in terms of individual module requirements.

New to the powering side of things. I'm getting to the point where I should power it internally, but I'm using an antique suitcase and I'd rather not cut any more holes in the thing haha.

Can anyone help me out here?