Hey all,

I’ve been playing with modular for a while and I’m looking at integrating my setup with a DAW, something I have no experience of.

I have pretty standard modular system with a mixer that has stereo and headphone outputs that goes to my active speaker.

Now I’m looking at integrating the system with a DAW, so essentially taking the sound my module are producing route them through a DAW and integrate them with other digital sound sources but I’m lost.

From what I could find, I understand I need an interface like the Expert Sleepers ES-9, I would connect the output of my modules via USB-C to my MacBook and from their have individual track from my modules that I could integrate with other tracks coming from within the DAW (looking at Ableton).

Then I would need to take the sound out of my MacBook using a USB DAC and then output to my mixer.

Is my understanding correct that the ES-9 would do the analog to digital convertion, interface with Ableton and then take all sound source out through a DAC?

Then I’m also very confused about clock handling and midi interaction, I have an arturia keystep and beat step pro so I’m really wondering how all those things will ‘talk’ to each other.

Any help or ressources would be extremely welcome.

Cheers