this user has left ModularGrid

ModularGrid Rack

Hi everyone,

I have questions about this 2*84hp rack : I have all those modules but the A138i, Alm mmMidi and Happy Nerding 3xVCA. And there is a big hole in the middle.
Do you think the A134i will be enough as a global mixer here ? or do you have any recommandation ? x-pan ?

What about the big hole ? any idea ? a multimode filter like Filter 8 ? a waveshaper like the Tarot from Modulaire Maritime ?

Thanks for your advices,
All the best

« because, as we all know, empty Eurorack spaces have the ability to summon modules to fill them! Do not anger the wandering Eurorack modules! »
Haha ! Nice philosophy ! Promise, I keep it !

Thank you both of you ! Special thanks to Lugia, you made me discover Noise reap, and I love Paradox !

I have been playing with a LC9 for a year, and there is always an empty row... otherwise I really like to play modular "horinzontally", with the case lying down on my desk, which is not possible with LC9 because of power supply.

I already order a 68hp*2 to Modular Maritime - trying to work with french guys, as I am french too - but maybe i'll keep the LC9... just in case :p

Ok !
So I guess I wait before buying anything more, and change my case for a 68hp*2rows
Thanks again

Hi JimHowell1970,

thank you for the advices : do you think I will need more modules that needs more room ?

Note that it is not the fx aid but fm aid. And I already own the primary version of veils.
In fact the only one module I do not own yet is the Clep Diaz : good choice for this one, or would you choose another (fx aid, terci ruina ?)

Hi everyone,

I would like to share my little modular synth project with you, for some advices.

Here it is :

Midi and audio on the highest row :
- I begin with the Yarns as a midi interface, clock, sequencer and using channel 3 and 4 as synced digital lfos.
- a buff mult to rule the oscillators pitch
- Sto, which I like for its beautiful Sine wave, and the waveshaping. And Paradox for deep crazy fm modulations, working with the fm aid. Then comes Veils for mixing and vcas.
- Forbidden planet, multiple filter

Modulation and effects on the lowest row :
- fractio solum for wild clock dividing
- clep diaz pour stepped modulation
- contour, souvenir from my first semi-modular synth 0-coast
- A-147 LFO
- Sinc bucina, beautiful low pass gate and envelop
- kinks (sample and hold, sign and logic)
- MIA Attenuverter

Then the lovely reverb from noise engineering Desmodus Version, and output...

What do you think ?
Thanks a lot
Alexandre

Thread: Modular One

Ok, thanks for the advice.

I've been playing with a 0-coast for more than a year, and with STO+FORBIDDEN PLANET+MATHS+YARNS+DUAL ADSR since June, so I have quiet an idea of what I like and what I want - for example I really like Contour, reason why I want it in this rack. I also need powerful simple sounds for my work as a composer - STO is great for that part - and in another way I love random things, reason why I'm trying to have both in the same synth.

I spent time reading all the manuals - especially the one about 0-coast and the one about Maths.

Now I'd really like to go for a full system, but still I don't think I know all the modules enough to be totally sure that the systems works well...

Hi everyone,
after many changes, I came with this :

ModularGrid Rack

=> image is wrong, you can see the final version by clicking.

Before I begin buying / trying anything, I have this simple question as I'm still a beginner : what's wrong with it :) ?

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Thank you for the advice ! And all the explanations.
I really love the mod/control part, it looks really powerfull.
In fact I own an A-100 LC9 from Dopfer, so it seems i have room for the A-110-4... and the others. I just have to find 800€ more....
Again thank you very much it makes me want to work on it again !

Hi everyone,

here is my first modular synth - expected for 2021, as 2020 does not deserve it apparently - and as I am a beginner, I wouldd be really grateful if you can give me your advice.
I began with a Make Noise 0-coast, which made me like spending hours looking for new sounds or original ways to patch the semi-modular. So I wanted to have many possibilities with this one, different ways of modulating, random stuff but still a quiet "normal"synth. Something between experimentation and traditional analog synth.
For information I already have Maths, STO, Erbe-Verb, Forbidden Planet, Doepfer multiple, Veils and Yarns.

What do you think of it ?

Thank you,
Alexandre