Thanks a lot for your comment it really helped to put a nice perspective on things, and it was exactly what I was hoping for.
Getting with the basics!!

Really good for a first comment and feedback : )

I will follow what you said regarding what I am missing and regarding what I don't need.
I really wanted something to start then go from there withouth spending to much, I gess getting space to start is ideal and being able to produce some sound is also good ;)
I will go back to the books and then show what I've got.

Thanks again.

Hello, I wanted to share with you my thoughts on my first rack.

My purpose is some ambient or electronic sounds and also learn how modular synths work without looking at too much youtube videos, although I think they already influenced my choices and budget!
The objective is something portable and light, keeping it square and simple.

Please comment if you think there is a cheaper and better option on any of my choices for modules.

I started thinking about voices and I wanted two voices and I went with an analogue voice and a digital voice. Next I went with a resonator module since Mutable Instruments Rings is too big I thought about µRings since this would be an optional feature.
Next to that there is a filter which is very simple and easy to comprehend, in this case I wouldn't mind to lose µRings for a more complex filter.
On the bottom I wanted to focus on soundscaping or some kind of trigger features. I went with Clouds which is the more reasonable option and Stages for sequencing. And in the end I went with power and some outputs.

You have to excuse my understanding of some of these modules because I think I am using them for the wrong purposes. Please comment on what you would change or if I am missing something.

Thanks!