@Lugia @Vow3ll Many thanks for the suggestion of Tiptop Mantis, I'll definitely switch for that: more space and more power with roughly the same cost! My French patriotism led me to Arturia too fast haha!

@Lugia If I understand your point correctly, you don't really believe in drum-oriented modules (voices and sequencing) like the QD. The reasoning would be the same with "fancier" modules like Queen of Pentacles or Erica Synth analog drum modules? The latest clones from Uli are definitely tempting either the 808 or 909, I might get one one day. That being said, they do not provide modulations option right?

Hi all,

As a rather long list of beginners before me, I’m submitting my first euro rack idea to your expertise to see if I missed something in this first draft and how can I fill those empty slots. To bring some context I’m new to fully modular setups but I already own the Moog semi-modular Trilogy (Mother 32, DFAM, and Subharmonicon) which I love and want to keep (but out the rack). I now want to go deeper into that path by making this first rack. I want to make some “ambient/melodic techno” I would say with a lot of randomness in the texture but a structural base of kick-snare to rely on. This rack should be able to generate cool jams by itself but will of course be completed with my current gear.

I intend to use the Arturia RackBrute 6U because it seems rather convenient to use and to expand with another one, but let's no go too far from now on. So from left to right, from top to bottom let’s start the review.

ModularGrid Rack

First, the Pamela New Workout is the main clock, it provides division and some randomness so quite a strong module. Then for sequencing triggers, I wanted to go with the Euclidean Circles with the expander switch. All the drum/percussions sounds will come from the following sources: QD, Plaits, and One. I conclude this first row with effects with Pico DSP, Beads, and a 2HP reverb and mixer.

The second row starts with obviously Math for modulation. Then the sequence of the Turing Machine, a Quantizer, a VCO and a filter will be used to generate the main melodic line of the jams. Finally, I have added a Noise generator and LFOs for additional modulation. I conclude with a 4 VCA / Mixer as the main output.

Does it seem complete to you? What is it missing?

Thank you for your time,

Cheers!