I think the pin-matrix is a major difference, since every patch point is a combined send and return. Imho there are plenty of ways how you can crosspatch and create Feedback loops with the lion. But to JimHowell's point, that might not be a big enough advantage.

p.s. @gio_coder I guess you meant the 138m not 138n.

Yeah, it's probably the pin matrix. I still need to wrap my head around that. I meant the 138m, sorry for the typo. Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for the detailed answers.
This system is very interesting! Since I already have a somewhat developed "sampling" section (W/, Nebulae and other stuff) I think it will be very cool to integrate it with something similar to what you describe, Lugia.

As for the matrix mixers, I'd be genuinely curious to know exactly what the 138n cannot do that the lion can. The price gap is quite wide, so I'll take some time to decide. DivKid's video is very comprehensive, but I also found a lesser known video of someone playing with a 138n and feedback. (What would happen if I played them with Landscape AllFlesh cables? That would probably be quite something.)

If you go back to one of the pioneers in this, namely David Lee Myers (ie: Arcane Device), his systems were largely built around matrix mixers tandemmed with delay lines and some other filters and timbral modifiers. This should be VERY easy to implement in Eurorack.

I actually didn't know Arcane Device. Listening now. WOW...

Sorry if this sounds newbie-ish, but I was wondering if the idea of no input mixing can be exported in Eurorack. Something like having a matrix mixer patched into itself, or just a chain of several VCAs going into each other, or some multiples passing feedback loops between themselves. I love the idea of no input mixing, I'm imagining what sort of coolness would arise by CVing it with control modules or other stuff.
I have a Veils, a Bastl ABC and a Gargoyle Delay and I get some squarewave-like feedback tones if I cross-patch those two, but maybe there are some other modules which have more ground hum that could serve a feedback-oriented approach. Maybe DYIing them would be the answer? Or maybe this just isn't the format for this kind of explorations and I just should go with a regular no input mixer (which would sadden me, alas). If anyone has more information it would be lovely to expand on this idea.

Ok, I don't know why it displays a version of this rack that is months old. The actual rack the I'm talking about is on my profile. Sorry about that.

Hi, first post on the site, first rack of my life. I want a playable Ondes Martenot style interface (left hand on the press, right hand on the ribbon), coming from a strong "hands-on-your-instrument" background, and I want to work with samples/granular synthesis/"tape" manipulation (musique concrete style).
I feel like it's missing a VCA, at least for the volume, but still not sure what to get.
I use the Bishop to record some gestures on the controllers and change them in funky ways.
I'm also running the whole thing through multiple effects coded in SuperCollider (the usual reverb, delay, distortion and the like), controlled with an Akai Midimix.
I currently (november 2020) own all the stuff between the two blank panels, and I'm most definitely buying the ribbon very soon.
I'm still figuring out if the Arcadian Rhythms would be better than the joystick, since it sends three gates instead of one, and all the pitch/continuous cv would be done by the ribbon. Also, I kinda got my eyes on the ONE, although I'm still not sure how to integrate it: it would be nice both as an alternative voice and as something to put in the Nebulae.
Again, it's my first entry and very much in a developmental phase. Any thoughts are appreciated. Peace xxx