Also,

Don't forget that this guy told me that :

"Hi!

I would buy i think

Could we make 300 with shipping included maybe?
With simple shipment with tracking number?"

So, i think it's quite clear. It's easy to open a conversation and blame people without expose the whole thing, and in this case, the basic one. Period.

I didn't do any mistake, he did. And i think i'm too gentle to refund him the half. But i did.

So, peacefull people on MG, be careful of this mad guy

You are ridiculously crazy.

You have to be angry about the postal service, not me.

If you wanted to have your full money back, you sould use paypal protection service. You didn't, so i propose you a half refund as you pay as F&F (50&50). Are you selfishly crazy too ? We both lost something, so let's split and don't talk to me again please.

Hope this situation will enlighten people and show that, on the one hand, you have to use the paypal protection service (as indicated by modulargrid) and, on the other hand, that some people here can be completely crazy and toxic.

For information, i refund this guy to the half.

Hello there,

I am the salesman this gentleman is talking about.

Yes, no need to hide because I'm not trying to hide anything.

I completely understand the situation and agree that this situation sucks!

I offered to reimburse him for half the price of the module as a fair compromise.

But it seems important to me to clarify how things have turned out since this gentleman asked for your opinions.

In fact, I received death threats from this man and he even sent me a photo of the front of my wife's mother's house where I lived before as a threat. Here are the messages:

Him "You have no idea what are you talking about and you are trying to find excuses .Read on the forum people's comments.
Have a nice watch on your back, mr hundred of transactions"

Me "Yes i exactly know what i’m trying to explain to you. You are referring to a forum when you use Paypal as a platform of paiement.But now i can see what you really are and you clearly threat me.I copy that !Thank you"

Him "im referring to the law and to common sense, which said the seller is responsible for getting the package to the buyer.
You're just using the fact that i did a favor to you by using a non protected payment to let you have immedietly the money.
Threating you? what the fuck im supposed to do? how old are you? spoiled kid. it's better for you if the package arrives soon or later because i have your address and i have photos of you from facebook. So i know where to strike my revenge. And i am a freelance so i can take breaks from my job whenever i want.pray for your shitty postal service to make it."

Me "Okay, look, I'm starting to get tired of all these threats.
I told you that I was doing everything possible to contact the postal service and for the moment I still have no response (I contact them once a week)
You make me look like a thief and you lose all your wits reading your threatening words.
So from now on, I'm going to ask you to stop threatening me and my family. When I have the slightest return from my postal service and if I have the slightest refund, I will send it to you immediately of course.
thank you for your patience"

Him "package is clearly lost.send back money to me"
==> He also sent to me a picture of the front of my wife's mother's house at this moment

Me "Look, I'm tired of all this and I'm starting to get tired of you coming after me with your threats.
How dare you do this and intimidate me with photos?
Do you realize what you're doing? Do you want me to call the police?
You should take it to the post office instead!
I remind you that you did not protect your payment so there is nothing I can do about it!
You're wasting my time and I'm still waiting for a return from the post office which keeps me waiting and I assure you it annoys me too.
The only thing I could do is refund you half! That's all I can do. But honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for threatening people like you do.
I was fooled once by not protecting a purchase and I never acted like that, it's part of life and I took it as a lesson. Since then I have protected all my purchases. You should do the same thing.
Now I'd like you to stop contacting me, and I'll pay you half back when I get my paycheck. THANKS"

Him "everything is upsidedown for you.
paypal protection is used to avoid having to be scammed by people like you who doesnt refund non-delivered items. It doesn't mean you can avoid to refund just because the sale was not protected.
It was a favour i did for you to pay as friend so you can immediately get the money. Why the fuck shouldn't i do the protection if is just 4% more? it's just a favour people do for the seller
The French law and in general european law say the seller is responsable for the package to be delivered. I can do nothing with post office. I called two times and wrote messages. There is no way to do anything for the receiver. Only the sender can do something.
You're wasting my money and my time for something i didn't even get and didn't even got over your local post office....
one of their last response was this:
"Only the sender can file a claim with our service, since he alone is entitled to compensation in the event of loss, damage, spoliation, unjustified return or incorrect delivery of the shipment."
You don't fucking understand it's on you.
You should pay back at least 300 euros (30 i can forget). You can pay 150 once and 150 later if you dont have the money."

The limits have been exceeded and I think one thing should be kept in mind: we are talking about eurorack modules in a community with the possibility of buying/exchanging. Damn it's not a big deal ! I know it's sucks but i tried to find a fair solution which is a half refund.

But what the fuck is going on where people are starting to threat people like this ? Seriously ?

I'm not okay to accept this so it's important to notice how things are in the all context.

I'm a fair guy and deeply lover of this community, but yeah, shit happens and that's part of the "game". But, come on, how dare people threat people like this guy do ???