Ahh - now I understand. I’m away from my rack at the moment, so have had to think through the patching in my head.
I could use my Disting EX as a pair of filters (or choruses), and the miniBrute’s filter as a 3rd. However, I suspect I need some better in-rack mixing to tie it together. Maybe a Doepfer a 138-s, or an Intellijel mixup perhaps? It would also be interesting to see what happens when panning the off-phase filters left and right.

Thanks for the suggestions. I certainly wasn’t expecting that a another filter would be a good thing to pair up with a Filter8. Something to think about when I’ve got a decent delay installed.
For now, it looks like I shall have to up my LFO/envelope game. Shall start doing some research, but initial thoughts are that MI Stages or the Xaoc Zadar could be put to many uses in my rack. The Kermit looks like a beast, but maybe a bit fiddly to use - certainly merits a deeper look.

Hi

Currently, my rack looks like this
ModularGrid Rack

The two Gristleizer modules (filter and VCA) are borrowed, so I have been thinking about a permanent filter. I think I have settled on a Joranalogue Filter 8, and have been wondering what utilities would help to get the best out of it.

Beyond that, the next purchase is likely to be a mimeophone, as a delay/reverb seems like a sensible addition ( probably accompanied by a smallish stereo mixer, perhaps a Doepfer a-135-2 M)

Any suggestions gratefully received
Ta

I recommend getting a Disting mk4. It gives you a lot of options for how to use it in a patch, so you can get a lot of mileage out of it.

-- libertytoast

+1