Hi all,

I would like your opinion about (another) Techno focused Palette Rack. The main purpose of this rack is live performance improvisation.

Here is the Rack:

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2128671.jpg

And a bit info about it:

Sequencing: Moswka / Ostankino for lead voices and Euclidean Circles for drums and fancy triggering.

Drums: 2 Samples from the Erica Synth Drums, some HiHats from the Doepfer Noise Generator / Percall. I might add a Kick here.

Voice(s): At the moment just Manis Iteritas as gritty voice. I am thinking to include a more “gentle” voice. Keep in mind that I only have one voice to sequence, but I usually like to find workarounds (precision adders, inverting triggers, things like that).

FX: Wasp Filter and FX AID for some delay/reverb ambient.

Mixing: I do have a DIY 5 channel mix on the rack, but I also have a 1010music BlueBox outside.

Modulation: OCHD and Clep Diaz as main modulation actors. I also have a noise source with Sample and Hold.

Utilities. Plenty of mults (Palette + some passive mults 1U that I already have), besides Percall, a dual VCA (one 1 use it exclusively for ducking effect), one 4x attenuverter (planning to obtaining another one in the 28HP 1U spare space), MIDI, etc.

So pretty much I have a 28HP 1U space, that I am pretty confident I will end up having more attenuverters, and 12 HP 3U.... and here is when I am not sure what to do. Some options I have in mind:

A second voice (something like Plaits / Rings perhaps?). A regular VCO is pretty much discarded due of the lack of envelope generators in my rack.

A Kick, so I can use the sample for something else.

More modulation. Who can say not to that?

More utilities.

Probably the smartest: nothing. Wait and see what I miss.

A more decent mixing so I don’t need to use the Bluebox (perhaps a Drum Mixer Lite, because of the included compressor)

Any ideas / suggestions are pretty much appreciated it.

Cheers,
David

Hi,

I have been in this world for over 1.5 years, and I feel like what excites me the most is the generative music, so I am preparing a rack - 104 hp 7u -, based on some modules I already have (marked with an *) plus some new modules to come.

alt text.

This is my idea (some modules can be in more than one category):

• Voices: Qu-Bit Surface*, Endorphines Furthrrr*, Rings (mainly for its input), Kickall* (for some synced - not generative BD);
  • Sequencing: Qu-Bit Bloom as main sequencer, Steppy* for triggers, and Digitalis* can also be used;
  • Modulation: MI Stages, Mimetic Digitalis*, Maths*, Deeper A-145-4*;
  • Utilities: Maths*, Disting MK4*, Veils x2 (or other Quad VCA of that size), Dual ADSR, Clock Divider, Sequential Switch, Steppy*, Noise Tools*, Several Mults;
  • Filtering: QPAS, Viol Ruina*;
  • Effects: Beads, Disting MK4*;
  • Mixing: Quadratt *;
  • In-Out: Intellijel Line In Out*.

Thoughts? I feel like I might lack some extra effects, specially when I use the Disting for other purposes, but any suggestion of type of modules or specific modules for this type of music is more than welcome.

Thank you all for your time and help!